Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep has happened to me also. I went to a park one time where they brought in fill dirt here in MI and found a 1907 Jamestown exposition coin and lots of cool stuff I think stuff sinks but maybe not really far because of clay . Here anyway....

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Yep has happened to me also. I went to a park one time where they brought in fill dirt here in MI and found a 1907 Jamestown exposition coin and lots of cool stuff I think stuff sinks but maybe not really far because of clay . Here anyway....

Thing is, this is ONLY the dirt from the recent cut, meaning that they will literally have a need to haul away a lot of this dig. This has been a landscape for very lucrative finds over a decade, at its original ground level for all these years.

Is history just gone with a deeper cut?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately it probably is I see it happen alot. So much new construction. Places that are private propery that no ones allowed on then it gets excavated for a Mall or New Homes ect. Keep trying you might be able to save some more stuff.

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask the grading contractor where they took the dirt.
Ask permission to hunt it.
I've chased dirt many times.
It can be well worth the effort.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread