Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was busy at my desk working on something when the wife comes in and tells me that she just caught a snake. She holds up a plastic box and I can see the colors. She asks what kind is it so I tell her that 2 kinds of snakes have those colors, one is a coral snake and one is a king snake or also called a milk snake. A quick look and I know that it not a coral snake but a harmless snake. So I tell her the easy thing to remember as I learned 58 years ago, Red and Yellow kill a fellow. Red and black, friend of Jack. It is released out back again but where the cat won't see it and kill it. This is the 2nd snake so far this year. and it has rained with over 8 inches this week alone. no foot surgery yet, just more braces that don't help at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200319-170406.png
    Screenshot_20200319-170406.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 72

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful snake!! Kings are different than milk snakes, milks don't have the bright colors. I kinda like snakes and always wished the king snake lived up here where I live, but they are southern snakes.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Round here rattlesnakes are waking up in bed with King snakes. Soon they will be hunted by their roommate - the California King.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red touches yellow , your a dead fellow - red touches black . it's OK Jack .

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I lived in Florida we used to go out and catch snakes for something to do. When it came to scarlet king snakes vs coral snakes I was told just grab it and put it in the bag. We will figure out if its poisonous or not later. My friend who is very experienced at catching snakes said the position of the fangs on a coral snake make it almost impossible for the snake to bite you. They can grab you on the web of skin between your fingers but have to hang on and chew for a bit to actually get you with their venom. I never did get bit but I don't think I would pick one up now.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've only seen a few grass snakes here and there since I moved to colorado. Not many snakes around that ive seen.
Back home in Topeka we had alot of snakes. I like seeing the bug and mice eaters.
I like snakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread