creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
NICE LOOKING DISPLAY!! :tongue3: Thanks for sharing that!

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
Better Picture Display

Just a better picture. Trying to delete the first post.

Attachments

• 20191105_164822 (1).jpg
    20191105_164822 (1).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 171

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, quite the religious medallion collection you have Hunter1805. :thumbsup:

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is just a small sample of some coins I've found throughout the years. It's a pretty simple display but I like the functionality of it because I can move coins around when needed.

Attachments

• Coin holder.jpg
    Coin holder.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 126
OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Idea! I like that!

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't display mine. The clad is cashed in at year's end and the silver coins and jewelry, early coppers, and gold items are in a safe place. I've been burglarized once and if my finds had been on display they'd be gone.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put approx. (400) of my oldest and best coins in a "Hobby Master" - Binder Album - has (20) labeled coin flips on each page).

Put more common coins like - Mercs - Indians - Buffalo's - Wheat's - State Quarters and other Clad coins in approx. (22) Harris coin folders.

I just tumble and "Coinstar" all of the other newer clad coins that I already have one example of in the Harris folders.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What coins? I have actually sold most of mine through time. Some I gave away. A couple years ago I had three quarts of clad in duh, quart jars under the sink and decided I didn't need them. They went to the coin machine. Even the two small 20th century silver caches I found I sold, at almost $18 per ounce plus more for better coins. I have kept a few "special" ones, but not much. The best ones are in a safe deposit box.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put mine in 2x2 white coin holders and label them with the year, denomination, where I found it, and the detector I used. Then they are put into the plastic sleeves, according to year and type, and into a big binder they go. Each denomination has it's own binder. All tokens and foreign coins go into a separate binder, and are labeled the same way.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a better picture. Trying to delete the first post.

YOWZA!!! That is one beautiful display. I’d be very careful about who I showed that to.
dts

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't display mine. The clad is cashed in at year's end and the silver coins and jewelry, early coppers, and gold items are in a safe place. I've been burglarized once and if my finds had been on display they'd be gone.

I've thought about this too. I just don't like the fact of hiding them away and only see them just a couple/few times a year. I did that for quite some time but I would rather have them out on display so I can enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor. I know the chance of having them stolen is there but I do not have them visible for somebody to see them through a window. Plus my neighbors would more than likely notice a strange person near my place.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is an old pic when i first bought the table around 2005 - I had just started to fill it
I had books of coins - and boxes all over the place (had just moved)
but you get the idea - the center is full of silver coins now 3-4 layers - Barbers on up
attachment.php

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
this is an old pic when i first bought the table around 2005 - I had just started to fill it
I had books of coins - and boxes all over the place (had just moved)
but you get the idea - the center is full of silver coins now 3-4 layers - Barbers on up
attachment.php

That is super cool Casper. Very nice!

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
Well if you really look there is alot of cool stuff that I had just hanging out in draws. I just wanted to display things.. Really not worth much only to me but just cool stuff that has been dug. The clay pipe and the key set were not dug. As for the religious medals. I found 2300 of them in two holes. 708 the first day. I made two displays and gave them to a local church and contacted a priest who buried all the damaged ones with the sisters who took care of the missionary priests. There were 105 sterling and 1 gold. Since these were from an abandon seminary closed in 1957 and weeds took over and the site was a mess for 40 years then a bulldozer shows up and so did I. When I told my buddies they found well over 300-400 on their own. These are from all over the world. In addition I found over 7 cashes with a lot of personnel items buried in them. Also found sterling candle sticks, reales, war of 1812 buttons and many silver coins mostly barbers including half dollars. The first view of the first day find is available in the 1998 Best of Eastern Western Treasure, should you guys wish to look at it. Jim

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
. As for Rusty you did a great job with your display. I like it looks great. I have may little space and that is all I get. As for not showing items and worry about thieves, I have two dogs named Smith and Wesson who are junk yard German Shepards and should they fail to do their job then I have another way, with the Real Smith and Wesson.... and they are a show stopper. Jim

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up until recently I had a small jewelry case and I put the coins in those little circular capsules. For Christmas I received a display case with three levels so that changed my whole game. I only put the best or the stuff I am most proud of in there. The other stuff still hangs out in the little jewelry case in a drawer. For instance: do I need to display every merc, rosie and Washington or every copper some of which are unidentifiable? Some coins are better than others. I have a couple pieces of marble floor tile that are rectangles and I have laid all my seated coins on one and the other has a KGI,II and III on it... collect em all! I'd like to get some of those coin easels for my very favorite coins. I'm only 4 years into this thing so I'd like to eventually have a case for just coins. Right now my case has a little bit of everything: Bottles, buttons, coins, relics. I feel like I wasn't really living life before I had a display case! haha! But seriously it's cool to have it there sometimes I just take a quick glance at it all and think man this is cool! I think the white cardboard coin holders are great as you can write info on them but it would be tough to not touch my coins. I like to handle them. Doesn't change the value as they mainly hold historical and sentimental value to me.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine are all locked in a safe. The last time I had them out looking at them my wife flipped out on me on the amount. So I had to put them up....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread