Well it might be time to start asking for permission to detect private property

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The water is back up,the bushes and jaggers are coming back and bug ticks to so that’s sort of eliminate that detecting for awhile, that’s why winter and fall are good those spots. Subject talked about numerous times, other than being polite and not dressing like a goof and keeping respectful distance what the best way to approach this topic.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now around here as we are on lockdown and people are just plain scared of other people, we are not asking for permissions. I suppose right now this area is beginning to expect folks from the city to start the looting and pillaging thing fairly soon, like when they run out of crack money and invade, so going up to some stranger's door right now is not the thing to do! And I had a few good spots all picked out too.

People are getting really paranoid right now. I put a note in the mailbox for the mailman to take a few boxes which would not fit in the mailbox which I had placed in the car. He came up and knocked on the door and asked if it was ok to get them out of the car. Well, that's what the note said! He said he was afraid people "around here" would shoot first. People are beyond paranoid!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How stupid I forget about the virus in that manner, well forget that back to the drawing board my friend, open field and some parks then

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m sure somewhere east of your Wastelands you have a friend that lives in an old house, who doesn’t know about your hobby.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here, it's my yard or nothing. However, we found CW stuff and my buddy got a $1 gold coin from the lawn. My house sits between an 1890's school and a 1780's mill.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be truthful my residents is in western, pa. I here the old cry of the steel mills, canal workers. Did you ever here of the Sharon steel Corp and Westinghouse Corp they employed over 10,000 people not counting the other mills. Can you imagine that lose of jobs. Westinghouse building considered longest one story building in world attire, if you want look it up rather amazing. So this area I call the land of the abyss, I hear the cry’s of the many that built America right here in Mercer county Pennsylvania thankyou

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Parks and other public places are still open here in Connecticut but who knows for how long. As far as people being paranoid.....that's putting it mildly. To some extent I blame the news channels with all their gloom and doom reporting. It's the same thing every single day and it's making some people crazy.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out for a walk and saw a new owner that had bought a 1930’s house with a big yard that had been sitting vacant for six years. We chatted about the house a few minutes and I mentioned my hobby and that I had always thought the yard would be a great place to metal detect. His response was “I’ll be digging it up this summer so detect any time! Made my day. Everything is mud here right now but hopefully next week I can detect and it’s only two blocks away.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission yesterday on a house that saw civil war activity. Be safe!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get the owners phone number you can call them. Much safer/ Not everyone lives on there property

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Gov has put us on lockdown here, wouldn’t really know it...my job takes me to peoples doors each day. Folks may be a bit wary, but not paranoid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread