XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All the Zinc Lincoln cents in the ground will be gone in 20 - 30 years. :dontknow:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 5 gallon bucket full of mixed coins . the last time I took coins into the bank they told me that next time they must be rolled .
maybe now they will be more willing to put them through the machine. I'm not going to role them that's for sure.
for those wondering , the last haul was over $ 1200.00

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been saving mine for years in a replica treasure chest

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any particular denomination your bank wants?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything, I would not think halves though.

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost everyone (except me) is using plastic. You should see the looks I get at the store when I hold up the line (you know, because it takes a whole 15 seconds longer) and pay in cash ! Doesn't surprise me that the coin supply is running low. People just don't carry them anymore.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. From Reuters, two days ago:

Banks across the United States are facing a shortage of coins during coronavirus crisis, prompting the U.S. Federal Reserve to ration distribution and work with the U.S. Mint to boost supply.

With the partial closure of the economy due to the coronavirus crisis, “the flow of coins through the economy has kind of stopped,” Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell told the House Financial Services Committee.

Making matters worse, the U.S. Mint has decreased production of coin due to measures put in place to protect its employees.

“We are working with the Mint and the Reserve Banks and as the economy reopens we are seeing coins beginning to move around again,” Powell said. He made the remarks in response to a question from Tennessee Congressman John Rose, who said a bank in his district told him it would run out of coins by the end of the week because the Fed was only sending a portion of its usual order of coins.

“We all don’t want to wake up to headlines in the near future such as ‘Banks run out of money,’” he said. Banks “don’t know what to tell their customers.”

Powell said he was well aware of the issue and believed it would be temporary. “We feel like we are making progress,” Powell said.

The Fed on Monday told here banks it is working with the Mint to increase supply, but that until the shortage can be cured would limit the number of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters it sends to them "to ensure a fair and equitable distribution of coin inventory." Allocations will be based on banks' historical patterns of coin orders, it said.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 5 gallon bucket full of mixed coins . the last time I took coins into the bank they told me that next time they must be rolled .
maybe now they will be more willing to put them through the machine. I'm not going to role them that's for sure.
for those wondering , the last haul was over $ 1200.00
My bank did away with their coin sorting machine for customer use and now they will not accept rolled coins at all. The stores here won't take rolled coins. I got a bunch, but don't feel like getting ripped off by Coinstar.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I'd go in with all my coins and tell them that if they don't deposit the funds into my account, I need to close my account.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank did away with their coin sorting machine for customer use and now they will not accept rolled coins at all. The stores here won't take rolled coins. I got a bunch, but don't feel like getting ripped off by Coinstar.
If you buy on Amazon or several other options Constar will not charge you for your coin exchange. I buy a lot on Amazon so I select amazon gift card and get 100% of my coin value on the receipt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost everyone (except me) is using plastic. You should see the looks I get at the store when I hold up the line (you know, because it takes a whole 15 seconds longer) and pay in cash ! Doesn't surprise me that the coin supply is running low. People just don't carry them anymore.
You aren’t the only one using cash! And those in front of me using cards take longer, five seconds as opposed to twenty or thirty. Part of the reason I still use cash is number of wheats and silver I get back each year, been checking my change since I was 12, (I’m 58).

Illster

Jun 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's odd how the gold $1 dollar piece is seemingly getting passed around more frequently as of late. I actually like them a lot and try to hold onto as many as I can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread