chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it could be easy to dimiss my criticism as being one of those guys who "didn't take the time to learn it", but it wasn't my first Whites, my first Whites was a Spectrum XLT. I spent 4 years with Whites Products. They were good detectors. Most aren't denying that, but that's missing the point, a point that keeps being deflected to it's "tank" like build or it's "quality", it was falling behind in the tech and feature dept. My gosh, it still took AA batteries for petes sake, when most all electronics were running rechargeable lithium ion technology that'd plug directly into your wall, and now many have moved to IMR battery tech. At it's demise, it was a couple of decades behind just in it's power supply.

ALOT of AA batteries!! I think a big factor is that US companies focus a lot on just the US market. They just don't seem open to export like Minelab and Nokta. Very much like US made cars.

Chub

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ordered as many spare parts as I could for the TDI BH before they stop shipping. Including ear muff rings which will fall off from time to time. Was going to send in TDI BH to have a factory go through and check up.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Buy a RnB Innovations battery pack for the DFX and V3i it lasts for many hours/hunts...worth the money. I have them for my Garrett, Minelab and White's machines.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
do these just go in like the aa pack or do you have to change something?? thanks brad
Buy a RnB Innovations battery pack for the DFX and V3i it lasts for many hours/hunts...worth the money. I have them for my Garrett, Minelab and White's machines.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They drop into the machine like the original pack, no difference. You will not run out of power, easily 20 - 25+ hours of detecting per charge, probably more. In my AT Pro and Gold I get 30 hours per charge.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Yup...I run rechargeable lithiums in my DFX, and my TDI SL. Will eventually make a pack for the GM3, too. No way I'd buy a detector you have to send back to the factory to have the battery replaced...that's just silly IMHO. I'm even thinking of a li-ion pack for my GM24K.
Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
ALOT of AA batteries!! I think a big factor is that US companies focus a lot on just the US market. They just don't seem open to export like Minelab and Nokta. Very much like US made cars.

Chub
I didn’t know that the US is third in auto exports behind Japan and Germany at $56 billion (7.4%).

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using Whites since 1970. Was a dealer in PA for a while back then. Sorry to see them go. Have used a lot of their machines, all of which were fine detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread