SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you had a safe trip, Goldielocks. Still pretty toasty in Minnesota but still warmer there I expect. Stay careful.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Please be safe while travelling, enjoy the trip! :icon_thumleft:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went to the wring side of Reno and it looked likes deserted wasteland, NW side?
Now I found a real mall, but am about to go check out Carson. I am really not use to the dry heat. I am so thirsty!

Goldie, those unfamiliar with the hot and dry desert heat
often don't realize how much water they are sweating out
because it dries/evaporates so quickly, and you fail to realize
that your constantly transpiring water.

Grab a case of bottled water and toss it in the back seat.
It may not be cold, but water's water when you need to
hydrate.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you came from a very humid climate you need to be very careful with the heat in Nevada. Do not take this lightly; the heat will seriously hurt you. You have to be consuming large volumes of water and electrolytes. Morning, noon and night as much as possible. Pedialite, Gatorade, Powerade, water, salty lemonade and coffee are all good to fight heat exhaustion. Look online as well for other homemade hydration techniques. I'm living in Sonora, Mexico and every year there are numerous deaths from the heat. Know the symptoms of heat exhaustion and get to know your body and create a routine for hydrating and urinating. Do not ignore symptoms. I had a terrible experience that almost cost me my life. If not for quick thinking friends it would have been over. Good luck treasure hunting and be safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread