Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, as we approach the reopening of schools and face the continuous reality of pandemic life, please keep your mask clean. As we breath through them, they collect germs and bacteria. Reusing a mask for days on end is about the same as not changing you underwear for days on end. Unlike wearing dirty underwear, you are breathing throug a mask, inviting contaminants into your lungs.

I am guilty of this myself. I usually only need to wear a mask for very short periods of time. If you are required to wear one at school or work, KEEP IT CLEAN.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
These people that don't pull the mask up over their nose don't have to worry about it. Are they not breathing through their nose or someplace else.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mask effectiveness against the virus about the same as chain link fence at keeping out mosquitoes. Look at legal disclaimer on every mask advertisement

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the mask will prevent me from touching my face with my hand while in the store , so it will help in that small way.
I leave my mask on the dash board of my car to bask in the sun when not in a public building , the UV and heat should knock down most germs.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing the study! :occasion14:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are getting cheaper by the day - buy yourself a half dozen or more so you can wash them, toss them or switch them out. On the news that the stretchy knit ones don’t do squat so go for a real mask.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a mask that looks like my Basset Hound's snout! It has a replaceable filter and give people I see in public a chance to smile! Does double duty! :laughing7:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When the cheap fiber ones collapse against your face when breathing in, they're clogged with moisture. You've had it on too long. Put on a new one.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread