I am brand new

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is a nice beginner machine. What is you budget?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dete49,

With $300 dollars to spend the ACE series are good first machines. You should be able to purchase machine and pin pointer for around that price. I looked on Ebay an found an ACE 300 package for $301.70 with a Pin Pointer and a few free items thrown into the mix. I would call the vendor and see if he will come down on the price or better yet call a few of are vendors listed in the forum. I am sure they will treat you right, perhaps even an upgrade of a machine...who knows. I have delt with many on this site and have been very happy. Most recently, I purchased a few items from Fort Bedford Detectors, call Keith he will take good care of you.

Regards,

Doc

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great starter detector. One thing to keep in mind when you start to hunt is that the coil may be waterproof but the detector is not. One splash of water in the control box and it could be done. So if you want to detect in water, you will need a detector that is fully waterproof.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For that money you might want to look at the Notka Simplex. It is completely waterproof.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd wait just a bit, Garrett is soon releasing its new Apex for sale and they just might end 300/400 production and/or drop the price.

Aces are great, simple machines. Simplex is worth a look, a more capable, feature packed modern detector at a similar price, but a bit more of a learning curve than the Aces.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard dete49! I noticed you also took a look at Forum: New York - fantastic!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread