Do You Make Art? Share Here

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm honored to be amongst so many talented people! I make all kinds of things. Art to some! I have made knives from scratch, customized factory knives, repaired many old collectibles. I make large projects too. My avatar was built from scratch by me. Have a few more of those type projects waiting in the grass. And while helping my buddy build his house I managed to build a sawmill in which all his trim work was milled and put thru a kiln that I also built after the sawmill. I stay busy...if I don't, I die.
Here's a few of my knives:

Very nice I love the backbone on the wooden handle knife.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John White and Treasureman , there are no rules , this is art. thank you both for posting your work.
you both are very talented.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice display Albion . welcome to treasurenet and thanks for posting.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow! I started reading from the end backwards. You guys rock! All of you! RustyGold and Blak bart those guitars are really something. I'm sure ya'll have seen some stuff by Justin Johnson, but if not check out this 3 string shovel...

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My other form of art on a larger scale.."From This to This"

Excellent creskol! That one needed to be saved. Thanks for posting.

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is one i did. Pastel pencil drawing. Sorry for the crappy photo lol.

Attachments

• 100_0496.JPG
    100_0496.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 100_0493.JPG
    100_0493.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • 100_0494.JPG
    100_0494.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 49

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm honored to be amongst so many talented people! I make all kinds of things. Art to some! I have made knives from scratch, customized factory knives, repaired many old collectibles. I make large projects too. My avatar was built from scratch by me. Have a few more of those type projects waiting in the grass. And while helping my buddy build his house I managed to build a sawmill in which all his trim work was milled and put thru a kiln that I also built after the sawmill. I stay busy...if I don't, I die.
Here's a few of my knives:
Thats awsome work smallfoot......i like making knives also.....no forging for me, but I enjoy the grinding filing and making scales.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scrap cuban mahogany and scrap white oak. Kind of a farm table look in miniature......finishing the base for this coffee table now. Couple more cotes and she will be ready to sell !!

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Abstract fine pencil drawing. Not finished yet lol. Just wish my little camera would take a better pic.

Attachments

• 100_0497.JPG
    100_0497.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 73

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that table Blak bart! I'm in the process of making 3 different tables for people right now but not that far along. Wood is still in the kiln. Love exotic woods. A short while ago a guy bought all the land around me and my 2 neighbors and immediately logged it all. Looks like a war zone around here where it was mostly woods before. I got to know him well enough to get permission to haul anything that got cut by the loggers and not hauled out of here. I told him I built a mill and could use it. He told me to take anything I could use. I've been tractoring them out ever since. He was after pine but took many oaks and some bay trees. I had not seen what bay looked like when milled but he told they had real nice grain. I hauled 4 or 5 of them in here and he wasn't lying. Beautiful grain. Kinda strange wood. Hard as hell when cutting and sanding but light when dry??? I'm making 3 tables out of 3 different woods and am anxious to see how they come out. Even the pine I cut looks really nicely grained, but the oak and bay will be fancy. Book matching the pieces too. Have you got pix of your mill?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also do a little scrollsaw work View attachment 1861003 View attachment 1861004 View attachment 1861005 View attachment 1861006 View attachment 1861005 View attachment 1861007 The painting was just a relaxation deal, trying to do something resembling an ocotillo. View attachment 1861008 View attachment 1861009 Sorry posted one picture twice.

You might have posted it twice but I think I've looked at it 49 times....hard trying to view any other threads today. I keep coming back here to see more fantastic stuff. Very nice work and a superior subject. My church has a wall of crosses where the members hang what they make. I was asked to do a tutorial one time to show what I made for a forge. I took the forge over to the church and forged a cross while showing the process. Don't know why, but don't have a pic of that!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have posted it twice but I think I've looked at it 49 times....hard trying to view any other threads today. I keep coming back here to see more fantastic stuff. Very nice work and a superior subject. My church has a wall of crosses where the members hang what they make. I was asked to do a tutorial one time to show what I made for a forge. I took the forge over to the church and forged a cross while showing the process. Don't know why, but don't have a pic of that!

Show us your cross smallfoot , here's two of mine , one is forged and one is horseshoe nails. click to enlarge and turn the pic upright.The large cross is a single piece of metal , NOT two pieces welded together .
20200907_143149.jpg

Last edited:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show us your cross smallfoot , here's two of mine , one is forged and one is horseshoe nails. click to enlarge and turn the pic upright.The large cross is a single piece of metal , NOT two pieces welded together .
View attachment 1861897

Those are nice ticndig! I like the one piece cross. Unfortunately, I can't find pix of it but next time I make it over there I'll take one. I did mine 2 piece, held together by forged rivets. (mostly because I was trying to show the crowd how to do the rivets too). I like the way you use your scrap metal, I'm guilty of the same.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have another cross I made for a friend at work out of manzanita branches and bound together with copper wire in the crux of the cross it turned out awesome.He loved the cross so much he took it in to be blessed at his church.Sadly he lost his life in an auto accident a few weeks after I gave him the cross.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is some of mine. I do about anything, but oils are my favorite. I sometimes do artwork based on historical places I have detected such as the camp scene here entitled "Camp Georgia." That's a local Confederate winter camp and I dug a hut pit right where it shows the tent and that's me sitting there. :)Lucky to be able to make money from creativity.
camp_georgia_by_griestal_d6z1wv0-fullview.jpg wood_spirit_incorporated_by_griestal_d6zjahp-fullview.jpg s-l1600 (55).jpg s-l1600 (54).jpg untitled_by_griestal_d71k45o-fullview.jpg miniature_rembrandt_jewish_bride_by_griestal_d70190r-fullview.jpg giraffe_in_wood__photo_from_back_side__by_griestal_d6zz0nb-fullview.jpg giraffe_in_wood_by_griestal_d6zz051-fullview.jpg two_whitetail_deer_in_a_forest_wood_wall_hanging_c_by_griestal_d6ytyrn-fullview.jpg s-l1600 (20).jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is some of mine. I do about anything, but oils are my favorite. I sometimes do artwork based on historical places I have detected such as the camp scene here entitled "Camp Georgia." That's a local Confederate winter camp and I dug a hut pit right where it shows the tent and that's me sitting there. :)Lucky to be able to make money from creativity.
View attachment 1861934 View attachment 1861935 View attachment 1861936 View attachment 1861937 View attachment 1861938 View attachment 1861939 View attachment 1861940 View attachment 1861941 View attachment 1861942 View attachment 1861943 View attachment 1861944
That’s crazy good! Wow! So Impressive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions