Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the information you need is here on Tnet

I suggest going to woodchip parks and practicing until you know your detector, then heading out to some of the older sites for some silver. That's what i did and i have become quite proficient with my MD

Also, talking in chat will help alot

HH
-GC

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
goldencoin said:

I suggest going to woodchip parks and practicing until you know your detector, then heading out to some of the older sites for some silver. That's what i did and i have become quite proficient with my MD

HH
-GC
great advice

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
goldencoin said:

HH
-GC
goldencoin have you seen the detector he talking about? It is for detecting caches and comes with a 40 x 40 inch coil and sells for over $2000.00 I don't think it will work very well in a woodchip pile.

lupillopreciado, I would suggest asking the same question in a forum concerning cache hunting. You might get more responses.

Cal

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
What you really need to do is start a post describing what type of hunting you do and exactly what type of stuff you're interested in finding. Besides the manual to your detector, there is no better book or place to learn than on these forums.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread