SOOOOO !
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree38Likes
  • 8 Post By nomad 11
  • 3 Post By A2coins
  • 6 Post By Silvermonkey
  • 3 Post By Erik in NJ
  • 2 Post By ArfieBoy
  • 3 Post By U.B.
  • 4 Post By SusanMN
  • 2 Post By nomad 11
  • 1 Post By nomad 11
  • 3 Post By fistfulladirt
  • 1 Post By SusanMN
  • 2 Post By Muddyhandz

Thread: SOOOOO !

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2440 times

SOOOOO !

i'm mosyen along minden my own business and outa the corner of my eye i see that derned coin machine again. and i'm getting closer and closer and i'm thikin to myself do i feel lucky punk. no ! no i sure dont. and then i hesitate and i start thinkin just how much covid 19 could be on that coin slot. and then i think again that there could be silver coins in there though ! oh what the heck. so i sticks my fingers in and twingles em around. and this is what comes out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1026201047-00.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	1874915 you dont see anything. well thats what came out. so i had to go wash my hands for nuthin. well i had to tend to some other business in there anyway. so much for luck again. toodles
    Last edited by nomad 11; Oct 26, 2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason: cuz

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    42153 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    People in my town are too cheap to even leave a penny
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

us
    Apr 2013
    Eastern Massachusetts
    AT Pro, XP Deus
    4946 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    You had to look. It's like when, back in the day, there were these things called pay phones...I always felt compelled to check the change return slot....always....

us
    Oct 2010
    The Garden State
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
    2824 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermonkey View Post
    You had to look. It's like when, back in the day, there were these things called pay phones...I always felt compelled to check the change return slot....always....
    One time when I was a kid back in the early 70s I found $1.35 in nickles and dimes in one lump sum in one of those payphone coin slots--man I felt like I hit the lottery! Another time I opened and looked into one and saw that some *sshole had filled it with Yoo Hoo chocolate drink. The kid I was with (my friend) was shorter than the payphone--so I said "go ahead see if there's anything in there" and he started twingling his finger around in the Yoo Hoo whle I LMAO Still pretty funny when I think about it!
    ArfieBoy, nomad 11 and A2coins like this.

us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    1463 times
    Sometimes you are just compelled to check those return slots out! Yup!

us
    Apr 2015
    Oklahoma
    AT Pro
    610 times
    We have one machine, in our town, and it’s directly in the line of sight; of one cashier. I’ve never seen so much empty.
    ArfieBoy, A2coins and nomad 11 like this.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    3308 times
    You have to check, even now. My avatar civil war penny was from a coin return, mixed in with a few odd pieces of modern change.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    2440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    People in my town are too cheap to even leave a penny
    no ur just really unlucky. havnt u heard that expression the early bird catches the worm / well u just were'nt early enuf. oh well better luck next time.
    A2coins and ArfieBoy like this.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    2440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik in NJ View Post
    One time when I was a kid back in the early 70s I found $1.35 in nickles and dimes in one lump sum in one of those payphone coin slots--man I felt like I hit the lottery! Another time I opened and looked into one and saw that some *sshole had filled it with Yoo Hoo chocolate drink. The kid I was with (my friend) was shorter than the payphone--so I said "go ahead see if there's anything in there" and he started twingling his finger around in the Yoo Hoo whle I LMAO Still pretty funny when I think about it!
    well a little yoohoo isnt going to kill ya. now if it was hoohaa. now thats somthin to be feared
    ArfieBoy likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3764 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    It pays to check. I wasn’t a big believer until a little while back I made a random check of a CS in a large store and hit the jackpot, thirty some silvers. The coins spilled onto the floor as I was on my knees scooping. The silver bug inside me overcame any embarrassment I felt over being a grown man on knees picking coins up from the floor! My wife and daughter hightailing it out of there as fast as they could.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    3308 times
    A funny story from a few years back. The coin counting machine at the grocery at that time was one that had a little door that you had to push in to check if anything was left behind. Could be quite unpleasant but this particular time I could barely get it open it was so full of coins. I started to take some out and it was just like a waterfall of coins pouring out and onto the floor. I had to quick grab a grocery bag at which point I had a bit of an audience as I picked them up off the floor and out of the machine. A total of $23 plus. Nothing silver or old, just either a machine malfunction or someone who didn’t care and left them behind. I was half expecting someone to come up and ask if those were my coins but they never did.
    ArfieBoy likes this.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

ca
    Upper Fort Garry

Jul 2012
    In da bush
    Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
    1907 times
    Living for the hunt!
    Hey, it's in our blood!
    I saw a shiny quarter laying right at the entrance of a busy store and I guarantee many saw it but left it due to covid.
    Didn't have to think twice about that and picked it up.
    At least I was wearing a mask!
    SusanMN and ArfieBoy like this.
    A metal detector can only do so much..........
    It's up to you to do the rest!

Sponsored Links