Southwest Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....well, gold colored, at least. I bought a mini furnace this year and have decided to melt all the scrap I've accumulated from detecting. This little ingot is brass and made from some cartridges and a few harmonica reeds. I'm wondering if anyone else is melting their scraps. I'm thinking about getting some custom molds and making a few doo-dads for key chains, etc.

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool, I melt down all my lead fishing weights into bars for future use making more weights, I make certain types of weights so the ones I find don't work for my uses.

red fox bob

Feb 23, 2016
Apollo,Pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Garrett Pro Pointer,Custom Made Sand Scoop,Garrett AT Pinpointer, Whites MX Sport , Eqauinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you get the mini forge ?

OP
OP
Mason Jarr

Mason Jarr

Nov 23, 2012
Southwest Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mason Jarr

Mason Jarr

Nov 23, 2012
Southwest Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool! What kind of assay and what are your plans with the metal?

I'm not having it tested for content...just whatever I find detecting and can identify as brass, copper, etc. goes into my recycling boxes. I'm hoping to get some molds that'll let me pour some shapes that I can make keychains with. It's mainly something to do in the winter when our ground is too hard to dig.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch a guy on youtube named moosescrapper a lot and he has a devil forge he really likes.You might remember copper and brass are both very malleble and can be hammered into a shape you like if you can,t find a mold exactly like you want.Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread