The Velociraptors have arrived!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: The Velociraptors have arrived!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    33176 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

The Velociraptors have arrived!

Drove almost 190 miles to get these today, plus an awesome rooster. They are going to live in the living room in a large cat/dog carrier. The one hen on the computer monitor accepted my finger offered to her and got on in and then sat on my shoulder for awhile. I have had them just an hour in the house! Seems they like me. The chicken diapers arrive Thursday. This is not a joke. These are chickens and lay eggs I can eat!
    Dusty the cat is NOT amused! The other cats went and hid.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2496.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	1891567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2498.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	1891568

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    38114 times
    Relic Hunting
    Great looking hens Smokey, how old?

Our 20 are now 15 weeks old already, and the little hen and the 3 roosters are 8 months old.
    Great fun, Pips the 8month was pecking at me and was trying to really get my attention. So I picked up and we had a few minutes of lap time and she was good. (I think she misses her truck rides to the field)
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    I treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches. pepperj

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    33176 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    They are Old English Sharp Wing Bantams. They are 10 months old. All three are in a cat carrier for the night. BOY they can fly well!
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

us
    Treasure every day!

Aug 2005
    Beautiful Florida
    3100 times
    Relic Hunting
    Chickens in the house?
    It would seem we are now up a famous tributary without any means of locomotion.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    33176 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Absolutely! It's the latest rage. If not for the long legs, you'd think they were pigeons. And the crowing and the clucking.

Of course, they will be outside some in a portable chicken "tractor" as they are called.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10586 times
    Metal Detecting
    Long time ago, we had an assortment of free-range bantams. They initially roosted in the trees, but we lost a few to predators, so built them a coop, large wire enclosure, that they would return to at night, and could be closed up. Have fun with them. Great personalities.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

The Bald Eagle photo...he/she posed for me, gave me it's best American look. I felt privileged to get the shot.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    33176 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Having a little animal at your home less than an hour and have it come to you and sit on your shoulder is my idea of good.

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3798 times
    Cute. The one sitting on your monitor looks ready to send a text or email. Why do I sense material for an upcoming story featuring these chickens?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger
    5447 times
    I used to have a Rhode Island red hen that would ride on my shoulder while I worked in the yard. A racoon killed her and over half the coop full of chickens and two ducks, but the rooster took out one before he died and I had a field day on racoons that summer that it happened. ended up with 25 racoon pelts.
    back of the boat

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    35361 times
    Cool, both of my parrots have diapers they wear if they are in house and not in their cage. They were them with they are on my shoulders, walking around or sitting on the furniture. I have a large cage on screened in porch they spend 3-4 hours a day on top of, cage door is open and they come and go on the cage.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4636 times
    The new chickens are cute but not much of them to eat.

Fat
    us
    Mr. finishup all the leftovers

Oct 2020
    Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
    I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
    1690 times
    Dark skinned women digging there toes in white sugar sand beaches
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Samuel View Post
    The new chickens are cute but not much of them to eat.
    .......and its still a chicken... Im sry just dont like them they drive my dog crazy...I have ducks a few geese assorted peafowl.... chickens attract predators. They will sit on your cars side rear view mirror and crap right on there feet were there standing.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    33176 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Those diapers will be a gift from God! Now all I have to do is convince the cats they will not be murdered by the feathered fiends. I bought a bunch of 100% bath towels off Amazon and they just arrived. What the one person did was use one for the bottom of the large carrier, and every couple days take and thrwo it in the hopper then do a wash with just the towels, and no mess in the house.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

us
    Sep 2020
    Tennessee, Florida
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    The chicken diapers arrive Thursday.
    Once in a while you finally get to read something that actually makes you glad to live in the present era. God bless you, man, you and your birds.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3966 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The one Banty rooster we had used to chase my son when he was a toddler, ‘hooked’ my kid good once or twice.
    We’ve lost several hens to hawks over the years. One day I found pieces and parts of the Banty stuck up on the side of the garage door. Must have been one heck of a fight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links