Seminole wars in Florida

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Any Seminole War time period hunters in Florida and/or historians etc.

I have been doing a lot and a lot of research on this topic kicked off by finds mostly.

While there is a lot of info, it typically leads to MORE questions than answers. Finding old clay fired bricks in unusual locations only to come to find out US soldiers camped there for ONE night is one many mysteries on the subject.

I thought there used to be a forum on here, but may be mistaken..

Anyway, It would be cool to have a group on here to share basics on artifact finds, practices and "what is it?" questions etc.

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m interested. I’m in Northwest Florida. My 3rd Great grandfather came to this area during the War of 1812 and stayed. He participated in the first and second Seminole Wars. He died from wounds from a battle near Tallahassee in 1841 and is buried in Washington county. My 2nd Great Grandfather was 3 at the time and one of 10 children. Lots of family history in this area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m interested. I’m in Northwest Florida. My 3rd Great grandfather came to this area during the War of 1812 and stayed. He participated in the first and second Seminole Wars. He died from wounds from a battle near Tallahassee in 1841 and is buried in Washington county. My 2nd Great Grandfather was 3 at the time and one of 10 children. Lots of family history in this area.

Very cool history! Washington County is pretty nice, I like to get out of my urban area of central Florida and see the REAL Florida and that was one County I went through. And Vernon has some interesting history to say the least.....:laughing7:

Yeah, that area overall (panhandle) is rich as sure you know on Seminole War and War between the States history for sure.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Seminole War time period hunters in Florida and/or historians etc.

I have been doing a lot and a lot of research on this topic kicked off by finds mostly.

While there is a lot of info, it typically leads to MORE questions than answers. Finding old clay fired bricks in unusual locations only to come to find out US soldiers camped there for ONE night is one many mysteries on the subject.

I thought there used to be a forum on here, but may be mistaken..

Anyway, It would be cool to have a group on here to share basics on artifact finds, practices and "what is it?" questions etc.
Check out the Relic Hunting forum,military and battlefield relics.Scroll thru the posts and you,ll find quite a few on Seminole War relics.Hope that helps you out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread