RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My grandma came down from PA this past week, and we went out antique hunting in W.Va, OH and KY. We did good. She added to her silver hoard, and I pulled some nice artifacts off of the display shelves, and found some nice mailbox finds as well. :)

4.jpg

I have a fondness for early coins, but could never afford them until now. So I bought some largies from 1803, 1814, 1832 and 1850. There's some common, but nice coins including a 1913 (V-2) Buffalo nickel, a fine condition V nickel, an error penny, and 1835 Capped Bust quarter, and a hilariously bad 1821 Fake 8 reale coin. I just had to have it, you know? :D

4jfmsn.jpg

Below is a misture of mailbox finds, and antique shop finds. The plate and bullets flanking either end, came together from an antique shop in Huntington W.Va. The plate is a nice repro, but the bullets were eyeballed on the riverbanks of the Ohio River in Huntington. I had to have them as they are a part of local history, and one was fashioned into a sinker.

The pipe bowl came from Richmond Va, and dates from the 1680s, to about 1720. The shell frag was found along the Mummasburg road in Gettysburg, and the carved Minie ball from a Hospital site outside of Gettysburg. The .69 Cal. minie was big and cool looking, so I got that as a type bullet. The Ringtail sharps was found in Cashtown Pa.

4k6ky2.jpg

The real find of the week was this trifecta of eagles. The big green one on top is an M36 Flatwire breast eagle for an army officer. The middle eagle is by far the best: a Panzer officers eagle! This one was really under priced. The golden eagle is an enlisted mans "cap" eagle.

DSC_0005.jpg

J.I. Marsh Hutchinson Bottle from Portsmouth Ohio.

DSC_0006.jpg

J.I. Marsh bottle - crowntop version dated 1918.

DSC_0008.jpg

WWII Garrison cap that I only got for $3.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great and successful treasure hunt with your grandma. And the time together is the most precious of all.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s quite the score, Rusty. Sounds like you had a great time spent with your grandma. That’s the real treasure.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done that is as very nice collection

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you and Grandma did very well. The memories are what's going to be your best "Treasure find".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread