Poll, just for the sake of discussion and curiosity, Equinox 800 or XP DEUS

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot give a comparison opinion, as I know nothing about, and do not own the XP Deus. I do own the 800, so that one gets my vote. It's a great detector, that has made some amazing coin finds for me. Could the Deus do the same ? Probably. Most detectors can, if they are adjusted properly, and the owners know how to use them. And yes, I realize that different brands and models have less or better depth capabilities, but other than that, they can all find metallic items. In my opinion, its more about the places that we choose to hunt, rather than the detectors that we hunt with. Get to the old places, and you will find the old items. There have been some pretty nice finds made with $ 100.00 detectors.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2 machines need to go out together. Head to head.
Then a true comparison can be made.
Do you hear this signal/what do you think it is? Get an iffy signal that one is pretty sure what it could be, then see if the other machine or person can find the target.

Don't put a red dot on top of the spot as then they person is listening their hardest to see if they can hear/pick it up.
The general 10x10ft area is better and if the other person can't find it then put the red dot on the spot.

I have thought I beat a site to death, walked into it with another machine and it's alive.
A perfect example was yesterday, 2 return hunts with the Deus to a cellar hole, zilch, figured I had cleaned it out-returned yesterday with the old ETrac and did a 3 coin/3 button recovery along with some other finds.
I have done this in reverse with the two machines on another site.
Together at the same time-no.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had both. Deus is my choice. Equinox will do better on a salt beach, just don't get the head underwater to avoid issues in the future.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I consider nobody an expert, but there are more experienced people in hobbies or careers, minelab 800 and xp deus are in majority best machines going for most part. I guess point is tones do help and the id number to, but if you think your so good to pass over a potential awesome find because of tone or Id number, we’ll go right ahead, it’s almost certain we all have passed over such an item because we say oh no it’s nothing. I no it’s hard to dig everything I don’t but often I do. No way to say it but learn as you go, like everything else the more you practiced it will make you understand better, thankyou

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread