opinions on wireless headphones

too_pointer

Apr 24, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett " Carrot " Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garrett AT Pro, and bought the Garrett wireless headphones with the transmitter. The first time I tried it, the transmitter and headphones matched right up, then I charged up the headphone battery, and my R/B battery bar for the AT Pro, and the headphones wouldn't match up with the transmitter.? I am confused, has anybody have an opinion on this, and yes, I did have my detector turned on , lol.
too_

DIG5050

Apr 15, 2021
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Deus II 9”
Garrett Apex
Fisher 1236-X2
Fisher CZ20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garrett Apex with wireless headphones and have had no problems with them. I also have the Pro Pointer with Z-Lynk and like it as well, if for no other reason that you can hear the pinpointer through the wireless headphones. Maybe the transmitter battery went dead and it forgot it's link settings with the headphone? I would make sure you have the on-off switch of the headphones on the same side of your body as the detector/transmitter.

Anything other than that and I would call Garrett. Best of luck and Keep Digging!

OP
OP
too_pointer

too_pointer

Apr 24, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett " Carrot " Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garrett Apex with wireless headphones and have had no problems with them. I also have the Pro Pointer with Z-Lynk and like it as well, if for no other reason that you can hear the pinpointer through the wireless headphones. Maybe the transmitter battery went dead and it forgot it's link settings with the headphone? I would make sure you have the on-off switch of the headphones on the same side of your body as the detector/transmitter.

Thanks DIG5050, I talked to the company where I purchased my detector and headphones, ( and alot more, but don't tell the wife ) Wrote a long email to Garrett, and will see how they respond, have their phone number too if I need it. I'm not looking for any of their goodies, just want it to work.! Since 2008 " when I started detecting " I have never sent anything back for a refund or exchange, or repair, but getting older, and the moolah isn't as good anymore, lol.
Hope all in here score big time this year. :icon_thumleft:
too_

I believe I might of solved my wireless head phone . I decided that the cord to charge the transmitter wasn't lighting up the L.E.D light, but I tried another charge cord, and the indicator light came right on, evidently the other one I was using had something wrong with it. I am still charging the transmitter, but the charging light is still working.
I bet it will work fine once has a full charge on it. Will know sometime later. I hope so, sure beats sending things back to company !! Garrett never did write me back about it.
too_

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Minelab Equinox 800 with wireless headphones, and like them a lot. I know that if I shut my detector off first, it unpairs the headphones and they have to be re-paird. I always have to shut my headphones off first, then the detector.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Garrett AT Pro, and bought the Garrett wireless headphones with the transmitter. The first time I tried it, the transmitter and headphones matched right up, then I charged up the headphone battery, and my R/B battery bar for the AT Pro, and the headphones wouldn't match up with the transmitter.? I am confused, has anybody have an opinion on this, and yes, I did have my detector turned on , lol.
too_

I've had that same problem recently. I read somewhere that the problem can be solved by shutting down the detector and wireless unit and then turning them all back on BUT.....I didn't have the problem at that time so didn't pay much attention to the article. Now when that happens, which is sometimes, not all the time, I turn everything off and on until I "accidentally" do it the right way and everything works again. Considering there were others posting about this issue it just might be very common. I called Garrett just the other day about this and they wanted me to send the wireless unit in. I decided to just fiddle with it myself. The wireless headphones on my AT Max always work.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread