Overwhelmed by the treasures in the oceans

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can’t help just watch a Mel fisher video. I understand the earth is what 70% water. Many wooden ships coming from Spain and other places full of so much treasure, gold , silver emeralds I can only imagine the weight of this massive collection. Most in depths of what 100 feet or less. Simply amazing how many or much is still under there, takes my breath away. Does anyone else ever ponder this. The lives it cost, to find such and the equipment needed what a under taking. Never been to key west to museum. Did Mel fisher get to claim how much of his discoveries, thankyou this is truely remarkable, I appreciate any comments I will never get the chance to such endeavors only hope some are within reach on the coastlines

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And these days the lawsuits ensue over who owns what. Best place to conceivably find a shipwreck coin is Coin Beach, Delaware, about 1 mile north of the Indian River Inlet bridge. It's tough though. I haven't been since last fall because there were insufficient nor'easters to move a lot of sand.

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And these days the lawsuits ensue over who owns what. Best place to conceivably find a shipwreck coin is Coin Beach, Delaware, about 1 mile north of the Indian River Inlet bridge. It's tough though. I haven't been since last fall because there were insufficient nor'easters to move a lot of sand.

I have never been but heard of it. I've always wanted to go. With an AT Pro, would a larger coil such as the Nel Tornado/Thunder be more sufficient in a sandy area than the normal 8.5x11 DD coil?

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your best bet on coin beach is a backhoe lol. AT pro is not ideal for salty beach sand and gets worse with a big coil. High n dry is ok. I've flogged that coin beach a few times and never turned anything exciting up just brass buckles.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten gold, silver and about 30 copper coins from the wreck plus modern gold jewelry and modern silver jewelry and change. Right now you couldn't pay me to go and waste my time there. It needs a BIG cut.

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your best bet on coin beach is a backhoe lol. AT pro is not ideal for salty beach sand and gets worse with a big coil. High n dry is ok. I've flogged that coin beach a few times and never turned anything exciting up just brass buckles.

Thanks for the input, Tommy! It's been a while since I have seen ya. I believe I was with you, Smokey and DFallis on a farm on the east coast! haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread