Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So late last night I texted the home owner to ask if I could clean up the virgin ground with the 100?s of bricks that were on that virgin spot. There?s was a white extension of yellow house made of would tat was added in 1910. He let me hunt it ?one more time?.This home owner is a great guy I detect this property over a year every other day? but he was building a house for his mother and father and the father wasn?t comfortable with me being out there all the time so all good things had to come to an end. But that doesn?t stop me I?ll let things die down and he said sure right over that?s fine. I found this button they are but there were hundreds of bricks on the virgin spot. So I waited and then I text him last night and said May I come over there and move all those bricks off to the side because I didn?t find anything. Being such a good guy he told me it would be all right but this was the LAST TIME. So when I got there I realized I was in some trouble those old bricks are so heavyAnd I put them in large piles and I have to pull up all the weeds and that?s what I did for three hours today in this humidity I thought I was gonna die. Then he texted me and said if I would mind stacking the bricks neatly I said ?no problem? but really I was dying inside because this was gonna be hell. So I told him tomorrow I will do all the stocking and Sunday I?m going to metal detect for as long as I can even have a half to dig everything up he said not a problem. So tomorrow will be another day in hell. This was the button I found the first time I went there are no more than half an hour I couldn?t swing good at all. I have to hit inside I don?t want to be ?that guy?But sometimes you got to be that guy. I?ll send more photos of all the brick I moved when my iPhone starts acting right

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    512.6 KB · Views: 82
  • View recent photos 11.png
    View recent photos 11.png
    518.9 KB · Views: 59
  • View recent photos 12.png
    View recent photos 12.png
    491 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope it is worth it.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some back breaking work to open up ground for detecting! Hope it rewards you with some goodies

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......oh and by the way can you not put the bricks where you are stacking them now, I was thinking the back side of the house.....:laughing7:

BRC

Jun 24, 2011
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Sand Shark, At-Max, EquInox 800, Deus 2..
I didnt think a convent would allow detecting on their property...:dontknow:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know what they say life?s a gamble

Suggestion... If there is an American Legion post or similar in town, you might want to join IF they have a few acres behind the building. In the '90s, I joined Post #1, in Halifax County, NC. They had a lot that encompassed about three acres. I joined. I then got permission to detect the lot. Over a summer's time, I found $128 in change. Others that went with me did similar. I posted this info here years ago. They held a carnival every year.... a fund raiser... for them AND for me! No jewelry found. ╦╦C

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt think a convent would allow detecting on their property...:dontknow:
One of my best spots is a convent. 13 silvers, incl. a thimble and a WL. Been a few years since I detected it. Not only do I detect it, I've been bow hunting deer there for about 16 years. The Sisters are great.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I wish you luck brother! This humidity is a killer!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish you luck brother! This humidity is a killer!

lairmo Louisiana?s have any heat wave and the average day it is between 103 and 106?. And I Telya it is brutal and I?m used to the heat and humidity but this is on another level you literally have to breathe heavy because the humidity is so thick it?s disgusting

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
lairmo Louisiana?s have any heat wave and the average day it is between 103 and 106?. And I Telya it is brutal and I?m used to the heat and humidity but this is on another level you literally have to breathe heavy because the humidity is so thick it?s disgusting

Yeah it's been pretty bad in MO too. High 80s been feeling like 100s. 90s sucks worse...lol.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All that work I put in for nothing and I?m sore as hell. But now I know nothings there so I can quit thinking about it obsessively for six months

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread