Best machine for 60' underwater

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
Since you're diving, I'd consider geting a PI that way you can go in salt water too. My first underwater detector was a VLF and I eventually had to get a PI for salty stuff. Although it's out of print now, I still like the Infinium LS. It is good on land and water. I only got the ATP cause I wanted to coin shoot parks and such. (My first, the Stingray II hasn't been out in years...) kind of felt a little abandoned by Garrett when they abandoned the Infinium... :(

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulse 8x V.2 if you wanna jump... Excal 2 would be next down on that ladder... both fo fresh or salt.

There are other newer underwater detectors that i have seen around online ... particularly in posts here... but i have no hands on knowledge with them.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are using both the excal, and the pulse 8x....both have been working great at 50foot depths. The pulse 8x can look further than you can dig by hand. It can see larger targets buried very deep !!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW I am not going in the water. It's for my attorney who scuba dives and needs a machine to find a valuable pendant they lost last week in a fresh water lake. Had ya'll fooled for a moment. We do each other favors. Better than way. I've known him for 40 years now. We were both puppies when we first met!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d be focused on big lights and eyeballin’ that puppy.

Freshwater… sounds murky… good luck!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking also its going to be DARK down there!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excal will work for that mission....if its muddy bottom it will be difficult.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess its probably a muddy bottom, PLUS they don't know precisely where it was lost.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher 1280x or Tesoro TigerShark

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he got the Excal II on order. It is going to be a rough ride to find it.

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
Nokia has a small hand held PI, the Pulsedive with interchangeable coils. I have that just not much chance to use it lately so forgot about it. I only have the the small coil. It also has a pinpoint "coil" attachment.

There are some guys on youtube that will come look for lost stuff, presume it depends how valuable it is and how much publicity your friend wants since they film it.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lakes have been much more uncomfortable to me, and the few times I've gone down in them I didn't like much. When you touch down in 30 ft. And you try and kneel on the bottom, only to sink to your chest in decaying leaf litter and mud....well....that ain't no fun. What little vis I had was gone in seconds !! After losing all vis and getting vertigo i crashed into the wreckage of a car that had been dumped. After a couple of fish brushing me (large unidentified ones) I was out of there !! Creepiest dives I ever did were in lakes !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lakes have been much more uncomfortable to me, and the few times I've gone down in them I didn't like much. When you touch down in 30 ft. And you try and kneel on the bottom, only to sink to your chest in decaying leaf litter and mud....well....that ain't no fun. What little vis I had was gone in seconds !! After losing all vis and getting vertigo i crashed into the wreckage of a car that had been dumped. After a couple of fish brushing me (large unidentified ones) I was out of there !! Creepiest dives I ever did were in lakes !!

In the waters out in front of my home at 12ft it's a challenge as the photos of the wreck showed, murky, leaf litter silt is deep.
Yet I have been in lakes where the bottom is clear as anything at 30+ feet, and that's a weird feeling try to reach the bottom-realizing that wasn't going to happen with the capacity of one's lungs.

I wish the lawyer luck on finding the pendent Smokey-I know from items dropped off the dock (perception glasses) are gone forever as the divers have tried 3 times-zip here.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
That is going to be tough to find ! I am not sure how much experience he has as a diver,, but this can be dangerous work, too. It is easy to get too involved in the search, & exceed time limits, run out of air, etc., etc. A dive buddy who monitors everything, is a big PLUS. Dive safely.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think near impossible. That goop at the bottom has to be feet deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread