Been hunting in the woods? or grass?....check yourself for ticks

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
I pulled a tick outta my scalp last night, a deer tick to be exact, little bugger had a good grip, you would think ticks would take a break during the colder months, but not around here, our ticks snow ski in all seriousness....check yourself good after hunting in tick areas, my cousin died from rocky mountain spotted fever when I was little, ticks are nasty critters.---Rommelvon

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good post! I personally know three people who got lymes disease. One was an eldely woman and by the time they diagnosed it, it messed her up real bad!

Brian

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Serious...Nothing to mess with!I check myself when I come out of the treestand or the MD wood's all the time.You'll never know until they get ya....HH!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Lymes is nothing to mess with...I was diagnosed last spring and let me tell you ....it hurts. The biggest problem I have is that my right arm will swell up from the elbow to my fingers and my right shoulder gives me alot of grief.Which is bad because thats the arm I use to drive the stick shift.
My knees really really hurt and the cold seems to affect them alot. I never had any problems before I was diagnosed . I also get severe headaches now that come out of nowhere. There isnt anything they can do about it and I just live with it. I take iprobufrin in the morning to help with the swelling but thats about it. Doesnt do any good to complain about it or let it slow you down, because that doesnt help anything. I got the tick in early spring by working in the garden, grass wasnt even green yet....so they are around in the cold . Be careful and if you do get one make sure you get tested and get on the antibiotics right away.
I got the tick about 7 at night and by the next morning I had the rash and was in the doctors office by 10 am....tested positive right away ...so this waiting a week for tests is BS

OP
OP
R

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Gypsy Elf said:
Lymes is nothing to mess with...I was diagnosed last spring and let me tell you ....it hurts. The biggest problem I have is that my right arm will swell up from the elbow to my fingers and my right shoulder gives me alot of grief.Which is bad because thats the arm I use to drive the stick shift.
My knees really really hurt and the cold seems to affect them alot. I never had any problems before I was diagnosed . I also get severe headaches now that come out of nowhere. There isnt anything they can do about it and I just live with it. I take iprobufrin in the morning to help with the swelling but thats about it. Doesnt do any good to complain about it or let it slow you down, because that doesnt help anything. I got the tick in early spring by working in the garden, grass wasnt even green yet....so they are around in the cold . Be careful and if you do get one make sure you get tested and get on the antibiotics right away.
I got the tick about 7 at night and by the next morning I had the rash and was in the doctors office by 10 am....tested positive right away ...so this waiting a week for tests is BS

Wow, glad you caught it early. I think I got the tick before she spread any bacteria, if she had it at all, lyme is kinda rare around here, we get all the spotted fever, and thats carried by dog ticks, non the less...for the next few weeks i'm making sure no rash,fever,aches etc.....

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Attachments

• tick with_dime.gif
    tick with_dime.gif
    39.1 KB · Views: 164
  • ticks-2.jpg
    ticks-2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 179
R

robert roy

Yea....they ARE nothing to mes with.
I spent two years in AUstralia from April of 1984 to June of 1986 and
let me say the ones down under are everythere in the outback. The are red
and proliferate worse than rabbits!

I worked for a time at the Australian Youth Hostel on 76 Chapmen Street in
Melbourne. There is a policy that you can't use your sleeping bags when you check. You have to rent a
sleep sheet if you don't have one. The reason is that many people camp out in the bush
and unknown to them pick up all sorts of bug....ticks usually. Sure enough, I had one fellow
come in and he didn't listen to me. After he checked out, another person checked into the room.
It was a young lady and her traveling companion. They came running back to the desk saying the walls
were covered with bugs. We went up to investigate and all the walls were covered with these red ticks.
What a mess. We sprayed and ended up ripping up the carpet as well! You just can't believe how fast these things multiply!

Regards
Robert R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions