Need help finding a propety owner(bank)

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres the problem,ma lives in chicago,the people who lived next door(middle eastern)moved out in july, pretty much trashed the house(left open doors,open windows,dirty diapers in the yard.....they were animals)now its a shelter for any four-legged creature who could walk in(hopefullt not two-legged)went to the neighborhood alderman,he didn't do anything but said it was in foreclosure,how do i find out who has the title?ma lives all alone and that (hopefully empty)house worries me.somebody has to be responsible for cleaning up that mess,she just told me that water been running in there for the last 24 hours

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Not sure, but - If the elected official knows it is in foreclosure, then he should know who holds the paper. Also, I would think a local realtor would know, as those places are marketable. Down here in S. Florida you can subscribe to any of, several, foreclosure alert information services. For your one time inquiry I would think a realtor would be your best bet.

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks gypsy,just did it and we'll see,if not i'll be heading over there with some 2x4s and a bad attitude

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a House & Street address ?

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup,just talk to the person at 311,she says 1)they report it, 2)bank gets notified 3)someone gets sent out.when i asked how long it takes she just lets out a breath like how dare i ask that and says it depends.depends on what?will it take a week or a year?no answer

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to keep 2 legged people away
go to a gun shop
explain the situation
ask them for a few handfulls of empty brass (preferably large caliber hand gun)
scatter them on the back porch and front porch and a few lengths of that caution tape
pull it across the the walk
maybe a no trespassing sign or 2 stapled to the doors 8)

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks ed,i'll probably go this weekend and "clean it up "a bit,chase out any animals 2 or 4 legged and board it up myself,it'll probably smell better now that the animals have taken over.......i hate curry :P

Draskinn

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
CT, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter
Normally if you go to the local town hall with the address in hand you can find out who owns any scrap of land in a given town. I forget what the office is actually called records room, deed room, something like that. It’s been years since I’ve gone and looked up a property to find the owner but I’ve done it before. I don’t remember it being very hard, the clerks will help you.

Plus its kind of fun to see where everyone’s property lines actually are as apposed to where they only think they are!

As for the mess. Do not go into the house to clean it. You’ll be trespassing. And absolutely do not go boarding up someone else’s house! Not unless you want to get held liable for damages.

There is not a whole lot of trouble you can get in for cleaning up yard trash, only the most hard headed of cops would give you a problem about that, but past that you can get yourself in a good bit of trouble if the owners says you “damaged” there property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread