Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been in contact with the local historian here, she supplied me so far with two photos, which honestly blew me away, the first picture ( which in all the research I have done I had NO clue on this one) was at one time... a gulf station ontop of the other things happening at this site... the second photo was taken in the teens according to the notes on the photo... I just thought they were so neat and had to share.. also I can see where an outbuilding WAS... so now I see a new area to look ( which is where I found the solid metal pocket knife... and it was so cool to see the mail carriers photos.... talk about walking back into time.... I think that is what gives me the biggest thrill, walking where god knows who walked there at that time...anyways enjoy and see this beauty of the house in its glory well taken care of.. now, its falling ndown and rotting..

gasstation.jpg

mailcarriers.jpg

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think about stuff like that whenever I'm detecting. My favorite thought is, "I wonder who lost this and what were they doing out here in the middle of nowhere".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread