Redneck looking For His Car with f2

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Hello,
Im New to this site so please dont chew me out if this is the wrong place to ask this question lololol
i have been debating on whther to buy an f2 fisher metal detector , now i dont wanna hear that i need an entry lever detector , dont we all got to learn somewhar ?
my question is what are the pros and cons or an f2 detector , ive been told that a ace 250 is a good detector ,
but will it find my car in my yard lolololol ,
how about the f2 will it find it
yall hurry now i need my car !
thanks in advance !
reed ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
both the F2 and Ace 250 are beginner level easy to use type machines -- ones $200 bucks the other $213 --- the both decent basic models -- please do not expect them to preform like a $600 + dollar machine would -- you wouldn't expect a $20,000 car to be the same as a $60,000 one would you? or a $150,000 house and a $450,000 home to be the same ? ---will the same goes for detectors somewhat ---that said --the Ace 250 is a fine light in weight machine in the hands of a skilled user it can make great finds --- I have gotten a solid hit on a pre 82 "copper" cent 8 down in wood chips at a local tot lot running 4 bars of sen -- my bounty hunter quick draw II (similar price range) also worked well for me --- lots of"high dollar" metal detector owners put down --the BOUNTY HUNTERS and ACE 250's and other lesser expensive machines but I have found many good things with mine ---the F2 looks to be a similar in class machine but with 0 - 99 "numbers" rather than the "segments" or 12 blocks of "possible" items it "might" be on the Ace 250 --- thus it might be better able to sort trash from treasure --the ace basically does the same thing but "lumps" the return in one of 12 "blocks" -- say 0 to 8 is the iron or first block and so on for all 12 blocks --- one thing I do like on the Ace 250 is that in the custom mode (which is my favorite)--it remembers your settings --- now with the Ace 250 the 5 preset modes go back to preset but the custom mode "remembers" and stays the same --even after you shut it off until you change it or the power dies for a good bit of time -- the F2 you got to start from scratch each and everytime you fire it up-- setting it up the way you want it to run. --- Ivan

OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Thanks ivan,
Man what a world of confusion with these metal detectors ::) I was looking to buy one better than the f2 , Right now im just doing research , Trying to find one priced lke 3 to 500 dollars , one that will maybe go deeper than the f2 , rite now it seems like all i can find , is metal detectors that will only go 8 inches deep maybe futher if soil conditions are ideal,

what about the bounty hunter 202 , it said on box that it would search like 10 inches deep , thats hard to believe ???

I know that im new at this but im in no hurry to buy one , ive got to learn some more about thes detectors and the sensiveity, and how to discern from whats trash, and asking permission to hunt on somebodys property :P

this is a wonderfuel site seems like i cant get enuff of it lololol

thanks in advance
reed

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
dont get caught up in the depth deal, a good discriminator is important, unless you are relic hunting, most of the coins around here are 2-3 inches, loamy soils targets will be deeper, all depends on your soil types.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread