how do i delete all my past posts to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Well, it's been about 20 months since we installed or new server... most of it paid for through donations from our members! Thanks!

Unfortunately, we are reaching the limits of this new server! We have over 21,000 members and over 880,000 posts!

In the next few days we will begin deleting old messages.... trying to keep the best posts for future reference.

We also have over 660 MEGABYTES of personal messages. We would VERY much appreciate it if you could delete unimportant messages from your personal message inboxes AND outboxes!

I assume we all got this email. Personally I would love to help so in the sprit of xmas how do I delete all my past posts to date in one foul swoop or can that only be done with the admin panel either way I think its time to dump the trash not saying I only write cr@p threads or anything lol but delete a way could this post be left intact to highlight the problem.

Many thanks and a very merry Xmas and New Year to every one

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I deleted many of mine...still need to copy and paste others before deleting and also copy my 'important' pm's before deleting....

and I noticed one thing...with each post I delete, my number goes DOWN :'( in regards to how many posts I have made...oh well...such is life!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Actually Admin will be deleting the posts and I am sure our awesome staff at Tnet already has their plans on how to go about the whole process but it sure was nice of you to offer some help too. I have already cleaned out my inbox which is one area we can help. Have an awesome Christmas!! :D

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Yammy Elf said:
There is a lot more to this picture than meets the eye. The server hosts more than just the Forum. Marc would be better at explaining this than me, cause I sure don’t wanna upset him! :)

So I should stop also using my CPU as a seat while on TNet I guess. ;)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Folks...

Dump yer old crappy emails, and let the admin/mods dump the other unnecessary crap. I know of one site that only goes back a few months at best with posts... we are lucky to have Treasure Net information archived as long as we do.

Striker... I don't think it's completely necessary to delete all your topics... but, I bet Jeff of PA can make it happen if you'll sleep better!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:D I deleated all in my inbox except one and that one can go, too, after the next one comes in. Merry Christmas everyone :)

Desertfox

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Im having sleepless nights over this issue. Remember the Xmas carol thingy well it happened to me strike it rich style. The ghost of christmas future was a dog cr@pping on me thanks for that Mona lol :D

Where are you Jeff of Pa or Marc we are needing information on what to do to help please. I'm upto my neck in dog droppings and going down for the third time. I personally need One of you guys to throw a life life before its 2 late.

Must lay off the egg nog granny makes it way to strong lol :D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to delete your Posts at this time.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's right - there is NO need to delete any posts... (OR PM's) at this time!!! My network admin told me, just before I sent out that message.... that the reason the server is bogging down (sometimes not responding at all) is because our database has grown so large.

I later found out, while that MIGHT be true, it MIGHT have to do with log data within the database, and NOT the messages!

So, I am STILL working on the problem, and hope to resolve it without having to delete anything.

Images, at this time are not an issue at all!

Tanks everybody for your concern and efforts... I wish I had found out about the log files BEFORE I sent out that email!

At any rate, I wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Thanks,
Marc Austin
[email protected]

p.s., and oh SWR... TNet takes up 99.9% of the server. THAT's a FACT! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread