Tesoro Tigershark...Any Good?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tiger Shark is a great detector and is used mainly for water hunting since it is waterproof. It is the only truely wading/diving detectors that you can change the coils yourself and it is also sensitive enough to locate gold chains.

I've included the link for the Tiger Shark field test at http://losttreasure.com/fieldtests/ArchiveView07.cfm?ID=lt20001236

You can also get more info from the posts on the Tesoro fourm and Beach and Shallow Water forums.

Any questions you may have can best be answered on the Tesoro Forum where the Tesoro guys look.

Good Luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
C

Chris27

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2007
Thanks Sandman for the reply. I am trying to practice each chance I get. The only thing I have trouble with is Ground Balancing. I am never sure if I am doing right.

Also, my tigershark seems to be making the same alert sounds for each thing I find. Should there be a different tone for different finds?

Thansk Again and Merry Christmas!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Chris27 said:
Thanks Sandman for the reply. I am trying to practice each chance I get. The only thing I have trouble with is Ground Balancing. I am never sure if I am doing right.

Also, my tigershark seems to be making the same alert sounds for each thing I find. Should there be a different tone for different finds?

Thansk Again and Merry Christmas!

Hi Chris,

Well, the answers are Yes, and No!

Yes, the tigershark should be a decent machine.
It is built for underwater use, and has dry land capability, but is probably kinda heavy for coin hunting.

Gound balance is tricky to figure out for a newbie.
Center the knob, then hold the coil 12" off ground and lower it to the ground.
If sound stays same in your headphones, you're ok.
If sound goes up as it gets near the ground, turn knob to right 1/4 turn and try again.
If sound goes down, turn to left and repeat.

And No, the tiger does not use different tones for id.
I guess you'd call it the old beep n dig school.

If you are not going to be doing underwater searching, or decide it's too heavy or just don't care for it, send me a PM and I'll see if I can make you an offer you can't refuse. :)

I would like a tiger to use in salt water.

Have a great New Year!

R M P T R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread