WW 2 OPA rationing tokens

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got these some time ago from my mother in law. They were used for food rationing during World War 2. The were made by the Office of Price Administration in order to control and distribute scarce goods in a fair manner. Maybe there may be someone out here that may remember them or seen them before. I guess they have a lot of history during the war years. Hope the pic does them justice.

Attachments

• WW 2 OPA ration tokens.jpg
    WW 2 OPA ration tokens.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 171

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that where the red cent saying came from?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI In WW-2 many things were scarce. This system was developed in a way so that you had a certain no and type of points for a certain period, which you could exchange for what you wished, "IF" it was available. Coffee for example was so many points of a certain type, if you didn't drink coffee you could exchange your points for something else with the same type of points

I have some listings of this in Alamos, Mexico, I will post them when I return next week.

Since I was in the Pacific almost the entire war, I personally had no contact with the system, but my parents did.

Don Jose de La Mancha

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I have a few of them as well. Its long forgotten history of the war. I dont think they are worth much but they definately dont make them anymore.

Kinda like S&H Greenstamps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread