which is the most valueable treasure ever found in the United States? And who fo

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
;D I'd say Mel Fischer in Fla. Look at all the Gold and Silver Thingys he has found over the years. Idig ???

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The steamship S.S. Republic went down off the Georgia coast in 1865, was located by Odyssey Marine Exploration in 2003, and is estimated to have $350 million in gold aboard . . . and gold has increased lately.

Mel Fisher's Atocha find was up to $450 million.

And whatever Cortez abscounded with from Mexico City may top both - but that was extorsion (after kidnapping Montezuma) and so a theft and not a find. ;-)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: which is the most valueable treasure ever found in the United States? And wh

I would have to say this TREASURENET forum.

There is a wealth of information here even if you count up everyones two cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread