Ever struck it rich?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Rich in Texas said:
af, I brought it up because a question was asked. Pretty simple really.
Simple only because you didn't really consider what you were writing. Let's look....

Rich in Texas said:
I have, I found something that is only rumored to exist. It is in a safe deposit box at the bank and will only be assessed with an attorney present. Uncle Sam will only be involved to a limited extent when I do decide to do something with it. It has been in the box since 1998. I'm sorry for the tease, but I will never reveal it publicly. Good things can happen when you detect!!!

Rich
You said nowhere that this is a valuable item, when the post is clearly titled "Ever Struck it Rich?" In fact, you even hinted that most people don't even consider it a real item. It's apparently a smallish item, given the fact it fits inside a deposit box, but you didn't say what size box, so maybe it's larger?

An attorney will be present when it's assessed? Do you mean to have it evaluated to find out if it's real and then to have it appraised?

Is it a natural item, or man-made?

Why haven't you done anything with it for 11 years, is there a reason for the wait?

If you're planning on telling the government about it, why the secrecy and, back to one of my original questions, why mention it at all?

Basically, all you've said is that you have something in a deposit box. You believe it to be real, but there's obviously a question in your mind about it since you've let it sit around for 11 years, and haven't had it appraised. You're apparently planning on selling it, because there'd be no reason otherwise to involve the government if you were planning on letting it sit in a bank.

Sooooo, since you're aren't going to hide it from the government, and you're going to sell it at some point, both very public activities, why can't you say what it is here? No one asked you where you live or where the safety deposit box is, and we don't even know your real name.
Oh, by the way, I have something incredibly amazing in a safe deposit box. It will literally change the world. I can't tell you what it is, where it is, if it's real, or what it's worth, but I sure did want to announce on a public message board that I own it!! ::)

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I may have lost a job because of my desire to dig things up...rather than show up at work. :wink:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Neil in West Jersey said:
I may have lost a job because of my desire to dig things up...rather than show up at work. :wink:
Ahhh, then it obviously wasn't the job for you, right? I can think of a few jobs I've had that were wayyyy worse that detecting! :icon_thumleft:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I have only had one job That I quit after one day,
never went back for a check either.

Decided I would rather take a beating than swamp a garbage truck.

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Never with a find, however with this hobby I have been very close. I have a 6 yr old son, and I take some old clad out occasionally and throw it in the yard....My boy got a metal detector, cheap one from target for Christmas one year to go out with his old man. I take him out in the yard and he finds the clad, and the look on his face is enough to make me feel like I am the richest man in the world. Of course a couple of gold bars would be nice, but I'll stay real and stick with making memories for my boys that they will always remember. To me ....I am rich....just not monetary wise, but family wise....and to me....that is what I care about....Uncle Sam can't ever take that from me.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uncle sam --is like the share cropper type "porch daddy's" of the old south --that had kids not because he loved em but to use as "free / cheap * labor "-- the porch daddy sat in the shade with his cane on the porch "bossing" the youngins in the feild as they worked -- he kept em barely fed and clothed in old wore out rags -- sweating the life out of em --wouldn't send em to school either --keep em dumb , on the farm and working fer daddy's benefit .--- give pappy any lip , a whipping with the cane would occur .

yes sir-- just sit in the shade and wait for the work of others to benefit you , of course if any cash comes in --" porch" daddy took it -- for your own good -- he said --iffns you ,youngins get it ya'll will wasteful spend it --its gots to last--so old pappy will handle it.

uncle sam also just sits and waits for you to work and takes a nice fat bite outta of YOUR cash --to provide "WHATEVER" service he does for folks .

so if you do get a big find---open up yer mouth to crow about it and lose a bundle , if not all of it in the process.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DirkSears said:
I strike it rich every time I go out to MD, but only in the spiritual sense! ;D I love the hobby!

Love doesn't pay the bills though....nope, never hit the mother load!

Very good answer :thumbsup:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
As Ivan said,
nice to think about, and even better to accomplish.
Bad JUJU to admit to.
No matter what some members think.
Pay taxes on what you sell ... and keep it to your self.

No need to prove anything to anyone but your self.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting has made me a Thousandaire, and that's far from rich but I'll take it! :thumbsup:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wont the Washington State Lottery in june of 1990 ........117 Mill......they read off the nubers I got excited 2 numbers left my hands started to shake ...1 number left I was holding my breath I had every single number right so far .....then they called the last number an I had it ......I re read the numbers a dozen times an called my Dad , miss dialed they number 4 times , he gave me the numbers ....yep I won.....toys a house goodies money travel ahhhhhhhhhh money.

now before I tell you this mind you I have allways played the same numbers every week since I was 18.

Asked the exwife heys where my ticket , you did go get it right ????........the reply almost put me in prision......no I was watchin tv an didnt make it why ???

I was a multi millionare for about 15 minutes .an no I havent played it once since that day.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh she is still breathing but thankfully somebody elses problem now . :wink:

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Tank69 said:
I wont the Washington State Lottery in june of 1990 ........117 Mill......they read off the nubers I got excited 2 numbers left my hands started to shake ...1 number left I was holding my breath I had every single number right so far .....then they called the last number an I had it ......I re read the numbers a dozen times an called my Dad , miss dialed they number 4 times , he gave me the numbers ....yep I won.....toys a house goodies money travel ahhhhhhhhhh money.

now before I tell you this mind you I have allways played the same numbers every week since I was 18.

Asked the exwife heys where my ticket , you did go get it right ????........the reply almost put me in prision......no I was watchin tv an didnt make it why ???

I was a multi millionare for about 15 minutes .an no I havent played it once since that day.

So, when do you get out ? (good behavior, and all)

I USED to play a set of numbers - made me TERRIFIED if I forgot to buy my ticket. Now, I only buy when the purse is high, and I always play a random set.

Diggem'

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:

Well, that reminded me of the guy whose numbers matched the drawing and who rushed right home to tell his wife.
Waving the ticket in his hand he said: "I finally won the lottery! 45 million dollars! Start packing your stuff!"
Knowing he had always wanted to travel, she replied: "Should I pack for cold weather or warm weather?"
"I don't really care", says the husband, "as long as you're out of here by noon!" :wink:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cybercop106 said:
Tank69 said:

Well, that reminded me of the guy whose numbers matched the drawing and who rushed right home to tell his wife.
Waving the ticket in his hand he said: "I finally won the lottery! 45 million dollars! Start packing your stuff!"
Knowing he had always wanted to travel, she replied: "Should I pack for cold weather or warm weather?"
"I don't really care", says the husband, "as long as you're out of here by noon!" :wink:

now thats funny :laughing9: :laughing9:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Yup,
Don't care who ya are !

Attachments

• !cid_2DA4B411A4704DC0A15ED3EFC3827698@thom4e92ffea85.jpg
    [email protected]
    29.6 KB · Views: 206

Top Member Reactions