What Non-Dug Items Have You Found While MDing?

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Besides coins, I was curious as to what other things you may have found on top of the ground while out MDing. Here's some things I found. Most everything was in good shape and like new.

Golf balls
Baseballs
Tennis balls
Soccer balls
Jump ropes
Addidas jacket
Rams hooded sweatshirt
Skateboard
Sunglasses
Books
Baseball bat
Baseball gloves
Lawn chair
Mittens
Screwdrivers
100-foot tape measure
3 Wallets (all were returned)
Kites
Frisbee
Cell phone
Disposable cameras (with film still inside)
Mechanical pencils
Pens
Toy cars
.925 silver ring
A big heavy silver necklace
$10 bill
2-$1 bills

These are just some of the things I can think of..there's lots of things left behind in plain view in areas I've searched.

Nat

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I found a shovel ,a fishing rod and a brand new rubbermade trashcan on wheels in the middle of nowhere all in one week.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,55973.0.html

;;;;;;;;;;
My best find was My canoe. About 6 years ago the ice went out and a huge sandbar formed near my shoreline....I could see something sticking out and in a couple of days after high winds, here was a canoe....Alumimun Michigan Canoe....I posted an ad for lost canoes...because every year they wash up to shore....but no one answered.....
This is the third canoe I have retrieved from the lake....sold the other two.

;;;;;;;;;;;;
We were doing a canoe float on the river and had gone a little bit farther than we should have...because now it was late, I was tired of paddling and the kids were hot,tired and cranky. We had run out of food and water and the kids were "dying of thirst" of course. So they started in...."Oh I wish I had something to drink.....oh I am soooo thirsty......So I said " well maybe if you whine long enough the river fairies will bring you something.....so they took me at my word and started whining louder.....just then we rounded a bend and we saw something bobbing in the river.....a 6 pack of mountain dew......LOL.....So I said "Whine real loud for gold!"

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eyeballed a silver ring. That was nice.

A $20 bill.

A $10 and two $5s in a bank envelope (I always check those).

A winning lottery ticket (only $40, but still!).

A wallet with over $800 in cash and several credit cards (went into the nearest store and had the woman paged AND SHE DIDN"T EVEN SAY THANK YOU!!!!!). This when I was a newlywed and made $180 a week! Bytsch.

Half a canoe while sailing on Cayuga Lake. Prop slashes at the torn end. Called the Coast Guard Aux on the VHF & they showed up to relieve me but I never did hear the outcome.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't pick anything up. I take away what trash I dig, but the rest I don't touch, some guy named Natman gets it later.

Magic Fingers

Well this was just last summer and I found a blackberry. One of those things people are always using. I had no idea how to work the thing but found someone who did and I was able to call the owner and she was very thankful to the tune of $20 which I refused. I was just glad to return it to the rightful owner. I told her to pass the good deed on.

Donna

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
best item so far eyeball find wize while detecting was ---at a trading spot that local indain folks used l;ong ago **** some very tiny native american trade beads****about 1840ish period --like they used to sew on their clothing --hardly bigger than this * they are a beautiful deep blue color called BODMER BLUE i found out via research -- lil things really lucky I even saw them. --- Ivan

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Wallet
toys
even jewlery on the beach
balls
cell phone both dug and non
new shoes
shirts pants
slippers
fishing chairs
money
DVDS both dug and non
:icon_scratch:

MT

Feb 28, 2008
Montara, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac with all the goodies.
My current Casio digital camera. It was full of water, but dried out and works great :wink:
HH,
MT

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
This find wasn't actually while I was MDing but rather what made me want to begin detecting. Several years ago I heard of a place where old British sovereigns had been found in a creek/cave not too far from where I once lived. A friend of mine and I hiked over to the area and after quite a search found several just by digging. I bought a detector that month and have not been without one since. (Six now)''

grizzly bare

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread