permission to search

certified male

Feb 11, 2008
i haven't got my detector yet, but yesterday saw the director of the housing project on my mail route (150 units) and asked to search. he shook my hand and said " any time and any place you want " i've had the route 13 years so they know me. i was very excited because no one has been allowed on there and it was built in the 50s. i find a LOT of surface money and jewelry. can't wait. my wife said " oh no , you'll never be home now". hee hee he said they also own the big field behind the units and that i should be sure to try there also. i looked up the sanborn map for the town and there was a dance hall in 1915 at the end of a dead end street by the river. drove by last night and it is all woods now. things are looking up!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I would jump right on it.
Good luck!!!! :whip2:

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Certified Male, I don't know how you get along with your box holders, my letter carrier was like a brother and a fishing partner. He had lunch with us every day.
I had fish about four nights a week at his house. I got spoiled, his wife could build the best sea food I ever had.
Max knew every one on his route, I have no doubt if he wanted to hunt someones place he could do 99% of them, so you are lucky if you take time to develope those friends like Max did, you may have already done that, you got more hunting spots than you can do.
Enough of my rattling, you have some good hunting. Gnewt

OP
OP
C

certified male

Feb 11, 2008
gnewt

i have been there so long all the older folks rely on me for a lot of things. i used to feed one lady's cat and start her car for her each week. she had a leg taken off and couldn't get out. ( never told the bosses ..it only took 5 minutes ). i as walking along thursday and i thought of about 20 people who would let me check their lawns no problem. i need to save up fast for this and get going.. problem is my wife. last time i had one i abandoned her each weekend.. just married. now 25 yrs later i don't want to hurt her, so i promised her a movie of her choice ( no guns or car chases .. boring love stories ) and dinner out each friday.. i'm trying to be older AND wiser! :icon_king:

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after 13 years my wife :icon_queen: went on her first hunt with me last Sunday, she had a lot of fun, then she got hooked eyeballing surface finds. :o Now she wants her own MD. :thumbsup: She has been thinking of a lot a great places to hunt, now were really a team. Can't wait to see what you find out there. 8)

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
certified male...

Rather than "leave" her, take her with you! Buy her a light, discriminating 'tector...Ace 250 or the likes...& enjoy together. You'll never regret it! She'll beat your best some days & others you'll have to pump her up to keep her interest, but in the long haul, you all will build some memories to rehash as you get too old to MD.

Trust me...Been there, done that! My wife of 50 years is my best friend & the best fishin'/'tectin' buddy I can imagine! Days she doesn't feel like dirt-diggin', she fully understands why I want to go & meets me at the door wanting to see my finds.

Cheers, DR

OP
OP
C

certified male

Feb 11, 2008
barguy
i told her that very thing yesterday but she's stubborn. wants nothing to do with it....but like the ice in ohio she is slowly melting! by the way, she is the best wife i could ever have and believe it or not she does understand. she knows " the obsession" and wants to keep it in control. at the risk of looking henpecked i think i'll post this as a new thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread