ace 250 arrived ...sad day!

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Well I upgraded from my first detector officially today (BH gold digger)dont laugh)...the ace arrived and I am sad because it is snowing bad enough to where I dont want to get it wet and cannot take it outside...this is a diggers bad dream!!!!!!!! Took a few rounds in the yard between snow blasts and am showing lots of nice hits that I missed with the Bounty Hunter...crap weather till Wed tho urghhhhhhh!!! ...had to vent! HH

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
THIS WINTER HAS BEEN ONE SNOW AND ICE STORM AFTER ANOTHER HERE IN NORTHWEST OHIO
I EVEN HUNTED MY BASEMENT FLOOR IN JANUARY, ITS AN OLD HOUSE WITH ALOT OF SPIDERS
I FOUND A RUSTY FUSE AND SOME SCREWS,
MY WIFE THINKS I CRAZY, BUT SHE JUST DOESNT UNDERSTAND!
I HAVE HEARD ALOT ABOUT THE ACE 250
DO YOU LIKE IT SO FAR, FROM WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN

OP
OP
jersey devl

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
I like it, it seems to pick up things my other wouldnt ...at least Im getting more hits than I did with the digger, got a $.50 hit at the back of my yard and I just went over it again the other day...cant dig it yet tho.
I had to go thru my basement too just because, and I did get a few tones down there but my wife thinks Im nuts too so I cant go ripping boards off the wall just yet! It seems like it will do me more justice than the cheapy!

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
jersey devl said:
I like it, it seems to pick up things my other wouldnt ...at least Im getting more hits than I did with the digger, got a $.50 hit at the back of my yard and I just went over it again the other day...cant dig it yet tho.
I had to go thru my basement too just because, and I did get a few tones down there but my wife thinks Im nuts too so I cant go ripping boards off the wall just yet! It seems like it will do me more justice than the cheapy!
You know, without sounding hostile, I don't buy this "...at least Im getting more hits than I did with the digger, ..." If your digger went over the target that your Ace sounded off on your digger would also have sounded off. there's always the possibility that you didn't go over the same, exact spot with the digger. Metal detectors aren't really THAT bad. There's also coil overlapping to consider. And how do you know what targets your digger missed if it didn't react?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
your going to like the 250 watch the how to pin point CD--better yet get a pin pointer --saves lots of digging--try a side by side test before you dig to see if it was truely missed by your old one.

OP
OP
jersey devl

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Silver Fox said:
jersey devl said:
You know, without sounding hostile, I don't buy this "...at least Im getting more hits than I did with the digger, ..." If your digger went over the target that your Ace sounded off on your digger would also have sounded off. there's always the possibility that you didn't go over the same, exact spot with the digger. Metal detectors aren't really THAT bad. There's also coil overlapping to consider. And how do you know what targets your digger missed if it didn't react?
Well I am getting tones in places that I didnt before, this may be do to depth, and possibly my limits of discrimination. I understand that metal detectors detect metal and technique is the key,I can only immagine the things I have missed since until I started reading this site realized that I may have not used my digger properly.(arced ,wide swings,going to fast,etc) and yes it is fair to say I missed some spots by doing this.thanks for all the tips folks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread