Investing in treasure hunters?

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
jeff of pa said:
TheTreasure said:
I dont think that I am alone with this idea. I actually found this: http://www.italkcash.com/forum/general-investment-opportunities/146-investing-treasure-hunters.html on a board for investors and money people.

Problem I see is comments like this make me laugh

Just watched National Treasure... well, lotsa hidden signs, ancient languages, adventure, travel, challenge, and not to forget envy, enmity, ... its fun though...

Too much Fantasy involved.

Don't get me wrong, there are treasures out there,
but it's no where near this movie or Indiana Jones.

Well I quit then! I have been practicing replacing relics with bags of sand so I don't set traps off all day! A day wasted!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stanjam said:
Well I quit then! I have been practicing replacing relics with bags of sand so I don't set traps off all day! A day wasted!

well you better watch out for those Nazi's following you everywhere though.

They'll Throw you down a hole with Snakes,

or Send you on a wild goose chase and try and steal your Treasure :D

and don't forget to learn to heat up the Constitution.
Somone drew a Map with Milk on the Back :wink:

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
THIS IS ONE ""F U N N Y "" POST. JUST THINK YOU SHOULD INVEST IN YOURSELF BEFORE ANYONE ELSE. ???

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice is to invest in a good metal detector and join the "gold rush" for yourself, that is of course, if you are physically able to do the work involved. With record prices of gold and silver, it doesn't take many gold rings or old silver coins to show a nice profit. Once you learn about your detector and search methods, there is very little, if any, risk of losing money on your "investment".
Good Luck !
~Jay~

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I got in with Odyssey Marine Exploration at $2.30 a share. It spiked as high as $9 and now is just below $5. I plan on buying more in the near future. I think Odyssey has long term potential. Wish I could have gotten in with the Atocha investors! I wouldn't mind my dividends paid in emeralds or big hunkin gold chains!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, If you like mules, walking, crawling up and down cliffs, sweating, fighting narcos, would be revolutionaries,. bandits, greedy officials, critters, beans / tortillas and black coffee, bed on the rocky ground where I guarantee that there will always be a huge rock under your kidney about 03:30 am, Day time temps of 120, nights of the 30's, no baths, and NO BEAUTIFUL GALS lounging about, then come to Mexico. At least there is spectacular country to see and enjoy. VIVA TAYOPA!

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. I still wonder why all of the gals in TN have turned me down? La Gypsy has three times... snifff.

p.p.s. All viable currancy accepted, substancial discount if'n you are a beautiful gal. hehehe

Attachments

• ©Tayopa country©@.jpg
    ©Tayopa country©@.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 478
  • ©Tayopa country©@.jpg
    ©Tayopa country©@.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 484

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
Ill pass on all this investment jazz,no offense but,theres enough investing crap in this world and plenty of folks who want to be rich real quick,me?? Ill stay working class poor thank you,I enjoy metal detecting for a sport not a business !Good luck to all though that can pay their bills from what they legally find!!

ascary

Nov 10, 2004
mexico
Do be careful when investing.

I have been looking for some time for a good place to talk about treasures and alike, and I must admit this forum really covers that need. One of the reasons were that I was hoping I could dig up some financial aspects and maybe become an investor in the treasure hunting business? I heard of the two guys in Germany looking for treasures stolen in the second world war and I heard they have investors.

So how can I get involved in the gold rush? :) Anyone looking for investments to start searching for the next big thing?

I agree with people telling you to be careful. My team and I, over here at Central Mexico have been checking old documents and doing field research, and are about to recover some goods buried very Deep.
Before investing, and if you want to live an adventure, you´re honestly invited. Once you join a team in a real adventure, you´ll want to be a part of treasurehunting forever.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the dust coming from this thread and had to check it out...

Um... ascary... this thread is from 2008. :)

Although it would be nice to get an "update" or "outcome" of the venture if any took place. heh

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I saw the dust coming from this thread and had to check it out...

Um... ascary... this thread is from 2008. :)

Although it would be nice to get an "update" or "outcome" of the venture if any took place. heh

It's ok though. Because as you'll notice the thread-resurrector also has prior posts seeking doswer input. Hence it must be legit :tongue3:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***ARC begins dusting off the thread and tries a Heimlich maneuver on the thread to get some sort of pulse ***

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread