knee pads

certified male

Feb 11, 2008
T

TreasurdiggrNY

You're not going to be able to get it waterproof enough, after the first time in the washing machine the foam is going to get wet and end up lumpy and disintegrated. Pick up a real pair. The rollerblade ones are what I use, got them at the thrift store for 5.00 :thumbsup:
Glenn

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasurdiggrNY said:
You're not going to be able to get it waterproof enough, after the first time in the washing machine the foam is going to get wet and end up lumpy and disintegrated. Pick up a real pair. The rollerblade ones are what I use, got them at the thrift store for 5.00 :thumbsup:
Glenn

Same thing happened to me. However, I just use thin volleyball kneepads under my pants. They aren't very bulky and hardly show.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
when i use mine i have a pair of craftsmen gel pads that i use. they feel great.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I use the rollerblade knee pads too. Also found mine in a thrift shop for about a buck. I've tried all kinds and these work the best.

OP
OP
C

certified male

Feb 11, 2008
you guys are right. i guess i didn't think it through. i'll see if i can get the roller blade ones. thanks guys.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I found a nice pair that were on sale at Home Depot. They're waterproof, comfortable, and have a plastic coating on them protecting my knees from any small items I may kneel on.

For how cheap knee pads can be I feel a person is better off just buying a cheap pair or two. :dontknow:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too. AWP brand or something like that. Hard plastic outer and soft gel/foam inner. Something like $9.95 for two.

I re-did two hardwood floors with a hand-sander and shifted them to detector gear when finished.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread