WHAT IS YOUR MOST EXCITING FIND? TELL DETAILS.

NewbieTR

Dec 31, 2007
Memphis
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Quick Draw II
My most exciting find was on Christmas Day 2007 when I found not one but two metal detectors under the tree! It seems that my oh-so-wonderful girlfriend had mistakenly ordered two machines for my Christmas present! Thinking that she had cancelled one of them, she ordered another one (different model). Both arrived on her doorstep the same day (a sure sign that it was meant to happen!)

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
NewbieTR said:
My most exciting find was on Christmas Day 2007 when I found not one but two metal detectors under the tree! It seems that my oh-so-wonderful girlfriend had mistakenly ordered two machines for my Christmas present! Thinking that she had cancelled one of them, she ordered another one (different model). Both arrived on her doorstep the same day (a sure sign that it was meant to happen!)
Dang I'm jealous where can I get one ???? Not the detector a girlfriend that will go out and order me two different detectors. I'll take the next new one that White's comes out with and a Minelab any flavor. :icon_jokercolor:.( don't tell my wife ,she won't laugh much and might break the 3 that I do have over my head.

Attachments

• indexCAJA6U3J.gif
    indexCAJA6U3J.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 186

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Metal detecting is THE hobby and nothing is more exciting than finding a cache...or come close to finding one! I ended up with the lid to a big kettle. No kettle, no cash...nuttin' >:(

I was doing an abandoned property and found myself in the back yard near steps to the house. I got a signal in DISC and switched to ALL METALS and the signal really expanded and pinpointing was not helpful in narrowing the signal. It was about 3 feet wide! And not deep, about 8". Went down on my knees and with my probe (12" long) I found the edges of a 12" target. I scooped dirt out faster than you can say cache! When I saw the lid my heart, which was already pumping, started skipping rope! When I cleared the dirt and was able to remove the lid my heart sank for there was nothing but a depression under the lid.

I kept the lid for many years, at first hanging it in a prominent place on our apartment wall (cleaned, of course). Whenever we had a visitor I would be asked what it meant and I would recount my experience and received consolation every time. Everything else that I found after that paled in comparison of expectation and disappointment. The needle almost went off the scale! :'(

NewbieTR

Dec 31, 2007
Memphis
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Quick Draw II
briankb70 said:
NewbieTR said:
Dang I'm jealous where can I get one ???? Not the detector a girlfriend that will go out and order me two different detectors. I'll take the next new one that White's comes out with and a Minelab any flavor. :icon_jokercolor:.( don't tell my wife ,she won't laugh much and might break the 3 that I do have over my head.
LOL. You can find one SIMILAR to my girlfriend in Texas,,,that's where she's from. However, there's not another one like her anywhere. If you are lucky, you might find one that's an "almostie" :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread