Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man i'm sorry,put my guy down 5 years ago and now i'm dealing with my 17 year old italian grey(1 month maybe) time does heal just not fast enough.hang in there

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill,
I am so sorry for your family's loss. What a great companion your dog must have been to you and your wife. Sounds like you took great care of her from puppyhood on....forever. TH'ing & all. Lucky girl!
We had to put down our 19 year old cat 2 years ago. One night, at age 15, he awoke our family at 3am. The house was on fire. Without a doubt, his warning saved our lives. We relocated and he was doing fine for a few years, then went into a rapid decline. We had extensive testing done by one of the top vets in San Diego. His tests came back normal, and the vet was puzzled. He said he couldn't figure out why Ro wanted to die. We knew it was true. He was ready to go. So, we let him. I truly believe, with all my heart, that God had other plans for our little guy. His passing was a promotion of sorts, someday we will understand it all when we are together again.
I think the worse part is the first morning afterwards. Then you just take it one day at a time. I know it is very difficult for you folks right now but I recently heard someone ask a mother --who had lost her 4-year old son 10 years earlier-- how she copes. She said, "Blessings. Never losses." You know, that must have come from God, after an ocean of tears and countless, sleepless nights.
It won't always feel this bad. Have faith that you'll all be together again someday.
Love to you and your wife,
Katt.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
So sorry for your loss Bill. They are so much like family you never really get over losing them. Always remember the good times you had and the unconditional love they gave. It is too bad that they usually don't out live us. It was a good ten years before I allowed another dog in my house since I put my MAC down. Or should I say my wife took him as I couldn't bring myself to do it even though I knew it was best to end his suffering. I can truly say that I am glad we have another dog but always in the back of my mind remember the pain of my previous loss. I will probably go through the same withdrawal experience I went through before and do not look forward to it.

God Bless and always cheerish the memories.
Roy

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,
I feel your pain, Us true animal lovers, take losing our babies so hard.. our buddies, always happy to see ya, greets ya at the door, alerts ya to bad things happening, like fires, our fur babies are always there. Its not easy to loose one and it does take time to heal, but one thing even death cant take,is all the great memories you have in your heart.. I know this doesnt help rite now, but I will remember you all in my prayers.. I would die for my furbabies... hugs to you and your wife...

rae.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Very sorry to hear this...keep your head together. We had to put down one of our 18 year old cats in February...I miss him alot....we have another 18 year old cat and two dogs.... It is never easy.....

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that sucks. at least she isnt suffering anymore. :'( im sorry.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
:'( :'( :'( Been there! I know how it hurts! Hang in there and know we are praying for ya! ~hugsnprayers~

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good morning: Like many others here, I have gone through that also sheesh, it REALLY hurts. In many ways they can become even more of a family than actual family since they are completely dependent upon you for everything..

But remember this, she could have left you any itme that she wished, so it is a honor that she chose to spend her life with you. congratulations.

In my case my Pooper did many little things "after" to let me know that she was still here, such as rattleing her food dish, shaking the bed, etc. After a few months, she gradually stopped, but even today she still rerturns occaisionally to let us know that she is still around if we need her.

Don Jose de lLa Mancha

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Sorry to hear about that flyinguy, I really feel your pain they are like one of the family.I lost my best friend in three days just a routine surgry to remove some fatty tissue and they could not stop the bleeding.Even after $5000.00 worth of intervention we hard to let him go. I was able to say good bye. But it still hurts. My kids were beside themselves for weeks.I decide to take them out and save a puppy from a shelter a day before the dog was going to be put down for not having a home. This helped -but the memories sometimes catches up with you from time to time.Sometimes we can hear him in the house.

Rob

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I'm sorry at the loss of your fur baby. I've been there myself more than once. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread