Its the trees!!!!!!

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
Folks,one thing Ive learned,that most people here know is,,,look up at the trees!!! determine the size and roughly the year,,then detect the crap outta them!! out to 5 feet in full metal mode,,grabbed a decent 1888 IH ..first one last night! previous attempt grabbed a 1919 wheat..old park. not filled in and the roots are sticking up from the trees!!! big plus!!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only that but try guesstimate where the shade is in the afternoon you will find coins there also.

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
you are right dan. trees. i love 'em and hug 'em. and saw 'em in to fire wood. when they have reached they useful life. i hunt in circles out as far as 50 feet on a big tree. i remember being a kid. hanging up side down, climbing, camping, kissing girls. all that fun stuff. i have lived here 9 years and am still finding stuff under my 5 foot thick maple. a small old 925 silver ring sunday. broke my newbie brother's chops because he just hunted it the week before with his dfx. my old compasses take care of me!

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, love them trees. Out here in the west we look for biiiiiig cottonwood trees and huuuuge salt cedars. Found my first coin under a big cottonwood.

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Re: Its the trees!!!!!! ROOTS, that is

Additionally, look for trees whose roots are visible. If you come upon a large trunked tree and its roots are not visible that means the ground level is higher than the original ground level and coins that might originally have been found an inch or two from the original surface level are now DEEPER.

Silver Fox

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Marauder Dan said:
not filled in and the roots are sticking up from the trees!!! big plus!!

You guys are rite on. I couldn't agree more.
Marauder Dan get his deserved credit for the roots issue.

OP
OP
M

Marauder Dan

Aug 24, 2005
The other park I hunted a few days back was also a older one dating back to roughly 1920s but,I couldnt get anything out of the trees there except some junky beer tops and stuff like that,,pretty much a bummer and did notice that most of the roots were all covered up ,so I figure theyve been grooming that park for quite a while,Oh well,lesson learned!! next time I go,im bringing a backhoe hehe

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
Marauder Dan said:
The other park I hunted a few days back was also a older one dating back to roughly 1920s but,I couldnt get anything out of the trees there except some junky beer tops and stuff like that,,pretty much a bummer and did notice that most of the roots were all covered up ,so I figure theyve been grooming that park for quite a while,Oh well,lesson learned!! next time I go,im bringing a backhoe hehe
go for it dan! can i help?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread