XTERA 30

tonytygr

Apr 26, 2007
birmingham al
Detector(s) used
whites 6000d coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think you need a permit to hunt the beach wheels, but you are requested to not dig in the dunes areas. The beach is very accessible, but curious, does your wheelchair have sand tires? The beach at PC is very soft in areas.

good luck

tygr

S

sailrunner

No permit needed to hunt. As far as the chair..gonna be rough unless you hunt the hard pack near the water, but the shove thru the sand to get there gonna be a drag. Good luck on the hunt.

Silvestri

Apr 29, 2006
suncoast sw florida
Detector(s) used
eyes in my head for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a few weeks in Panama City beach...a couple years ago...bet you find alot on those beaches if you put in the time...good luck!

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
The wheel chair is going to be a problem on those beaches. I have a hard time walking on them due to the softness of the sand. Panama City beaches and not the same as Daytona Beach beaches but good luck anyway.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was down there some years ago, spent a week on vacation at a private condo. Never saw anyone with a detector where we stayed.

Aren't some of those beaches private? Or is just access to them private. There wasn't any fences but...it was posted private at the steps leading to the beach.
And ditto about the soft sand. I've tried riding a bicycle along a beach once...UGH!!! Hard work.
Al

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Just so anyone that reads this knows, Wheels is my brother-in-law. I am not an insensitive jerk. Ok occasionally I am but not on purpose. He knows I was just giving him crap. But it is an idea with some merit.

Rd2nowr

Jan 2, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, IDX Pro, Sunray XL-1 Probe
Wheels, I don't know what to tell ya about the wheelchair thing. My wife has MS and uses a chair most of the time. We live 56 miles north of PCB, just across the state line in LA (LowerAlabama). I grew up here and spent most of my summers growing up at PCB. The places I would spend my time would be behind Club Lavela, Spinakers, and on the Public beach beside pier 98. There are some private beaches owned by the condo's but for the most part all beaches in FL are public. Good luck! Tim PS, Somebody should come up with a wheelchair with high flotation sand tires

OP
OP
WHEELS1973

WHEELS1973

May 26, 2007
MISSOURI
Detector(s) used
XTERA 30
Rd2nowr said:
Wheels, I don't know what to tell ya about the wheelchair thing. My wife has MS and uses a chair most of the time. We live 56 miles north of PCB, just across the state line in LA (LowerAlabama). I grew up here and spent most of my summers growing up at PCB. The places I would spend my time would be behind Club Lavela, Spinakers, and on the Public beach beside pier 98. There are some private beaches owned by the condo's but for the most part all beaches in FL are public. Good luck! Tim PS, Somebody should come up with a wheelchair with high flotation sand tires

Actually they have. Its called a beach wheelchair just not sure if they are available for rent.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I always ask the lifeguards and every time they say go ahead. Maybe one day you will get a not sure one, but there isn't laws about not doing it on beaches.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Just for the record, I offered to take off work and go with him to help him get around but he said he wouldn't pay for my food expense, let alone a Penthouse Room for me......... some people just don't appreciate good help. ::) :wink: ;D

Society for Accessible Travel & Hospitality: Try these people Wheels. This is their area of speciality. They will be happy to help. According to info I can find, if they have the chairs available in the area you will be staying the rental is very affordable. And I personally would love for you to come home and show me some cool beach treasure you found! That would be inspiring to me to see you and your wife use your machine a little more.

1489 W. Palmetto Park Rd., Ste. 495 Phone: 561-361-0017 Email Property
Boca Raton, FL 33486 Toll-free: 800-513-1126 Website
Fax: 561-361-0224

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread