Slow Day at the Beach !!

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
It could be you or it could be the beach. I do pretty good some days in the dry sand but since there are a lot of retirees with nothing better to do all morning except detect the beach, sometimes pickins can be slim. I do pretty good in the water where they won't hunt. What beach are you talking about? I hunt NW Florida beaches.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found 75 cents, so it's not you. A while back, I had a "seasoned veteran" ask to borrow a coin -- he wanted to see if his detector was still working.. I handed him one and he dropped on the sand. He ran his coil across a few times. He handed it back to me and told me he had just walked about 100 yards without getting a single hit. It wasn't him either.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found 75 cents, so it's not you. A while back, I had a "seasoned veteran" ask to borrow a coin -- he wanted see if his detector was still working.. I handed him one and he dropped on the sand. He ran his coil across a few times. He handed it back to me and told me he had just walked about 100 yards without getting a single hit. It wasn't him either.

Been there, done that......... What is really bad is using one of these silent search detectors and it doesn't beep. You keep waving it over your scoop to see it it is turned on. When I used the Fisher 1280 early on, I would turn it off when talking to another hunter to keep it from going crazy. An hour later I would learn I forgot to turn the dang thing on again.

Some days there is a lot to find, other days zip. I got zip today for 3 hours........Not even a bobby pin. Maybe I'll take up fishn' again. :icon_scratch:

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Swing swing swing and no finds at all?
That is what I call a sunny beach!
Sorry the best I could come up with.
Hang in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread