Just bought brand new garrett ace 250

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Cant believe it just bought a brand new Ace 250 on E bay for 164.98 NIB 2 yr warranty hopefully this will add more treasure to my chest. Been reading up on them and couldnt believe when I came across this. Plus they are a power seller with 99.9 percent positive feedback , cause I thought it was to good to be true so i checked everything out. now hopefully it gets here quick. Dave

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let us know when it arrives. I need to get another one sometime soon.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a great deal on the Ace and think you will love it.....well, there is usually 2 ways you feel about it..you love it or hate it....and I love mine..lol

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
X-Terra70_TreasureHunter said:
hea Dasher here's how i have my Ace250 set up too run

I run in Jewlery Mode & Discremenate out the Zinc Penny
it will come back in under the Dime mode, but that eliminates
a bunch of Trash that way
That is a hard one to discrim out for one reason, that is the same spot that the IH pennies fall into. If you are hunting a recent place it will surely cut the screwcaps out, but for older places, leave it in and then you make the decision to dig or not when you pass over it.

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
It just came Yest and 10 mins in my yard found a what looks to be old st.christopher medal. On the front pic of him and baby says saint christopher be my guide around the edge and on the back has a ship, plane, and front of old car with the rosary around the edges . Im in love with this detector lol. any ideas on the medal let me know. dave

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dasherhunting said:
It just came Yest and 10 mins in my yard found a what looks to be old st.christopher medal. On the front pic of him and baby says saint christopher be my guide around the edge and on the back has a ship, plane, and front of old car with the rosary around the edges . Im in love with this detector lol. any ideas on the medal let me know. dave
Someone on here can usually ID most anything but really needs a pic. Get ur digital cam out and start practicing on that too. We love to see pics.. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Took the ace with us to cincy and took the youngest one out sat. Found a park in Reading that looked old, clean and safe . Found a spoon and a matchbox car at v-ball court, then a guy walking a dog said they had a festival there july fourth and told me where they congregated. So I went over there and the detector never stopped beeping quit digging pennies went for quarters at end there was some tabs . In my quick hr or so ended up with 2.29 in clad and there was alot more but I was in a hurry. Dave

nightwolf

Jul 8, 2008
Bureau County, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good start! It's a great machine to have, the pinpointing at times can be a little tricky when your first learning it, but after you get some decent swing time under your belt it gets a lot easier. There's a lot of videos on youtube available that are great for learning tricks and tips for the Ace ;D

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave. Got my Ace 250 about 3 weeks ago. It works great. I have been searching the grass around the newspaper boxes the last 2 weeks. Found about 20 dollars in clad around the newspaper boxes. Here is a pic of one of my finds . It was from 2 newspaper boxes. Spent about 2 hrs in the field. 12 quarters, 22 dimes, 2 nickels and 14 pennies. Good luck with your Ace 250 Shane

Attachments

• Aug 01 2008 - VID00001_1.jpg
    Aug 01 2008 - VID00001_1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Aug 01 2008 - VID00001_1.jpg
    Aug 01 2008 - VID00001_1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 161
OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Im off to a great start with clad and a occasional wheat did find a sterling silver ring when I first got it. I know I should dig more tabs and nickels, but i have so many tab nickel readings I dont dig em yet. Actually havent dug a nickel yet.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
That's a mistake Dasher... gold jewelry is pretty much same as pull tabs.

But you'll learn that...

Best

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread