Kellyco does right by me

catdriver

Jul 12, 2008
Bought a new BH pioneer 505 from kellyco awhile back an I made a mistake an got the wrong pinpointer (BH) instead of the automax v4. I figured I was screwed, but I called anyway an talked to a Steve Carr. He was more than happy to trade it back for the good one at no extra charge to me. I sent mine back just a few days ago an just got the new one here today.

I have to say that all of my dealings with these people have been way above an beyond + quick shipping- IMHO. I just wish Tower hobby where I get all of my RC Plane equipment could run their biz like Kellyco does.......

Kellyco gets a big thumbs up in my book

Ronnie-The Toolman

Jdubya

May 19, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give us a call we would be happy to help you. 800-898-6673
JW

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
catdriver said:
kindafoundabuckle said:
Did you get a catalogue?

Nope.... Maybe I didn't spend enough $$$

Ron

I have begged for one and they will not send it! Im not sure what thats all about but if I ever do get one I will use it to put in the litter box. I have asked to many times and even bought from them so they have had there chance. They will not get a dime out of me ever again! I just bought a new DFX and in my opinion they missed a chance for a sale by not sending me one. I just DONT GET IT!!!???

KFB

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paper conservation.....

PMike

Jul 8, 2008
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300 Whites Surf Pro PI
I am glad to hear they did good by ya, but I wasn't as fortunate. I recently went into their showroom and bought a DFX, put it in the car and drove almost 200 miles home. The next morning I assembled the detector only to discover that it refused to power on. Upon calling Kellyco, I was told by the fellow I spoke with that I would have to either ship it back at my expense or could return it in person. Silly me I had figured that they would have tested this expensive of a machine out before they let it out the door.

I ended up driving back down to exchange it for another DFX, which I requested that they power it up before i arrive to retrieve it. It easily cost me a tank of gas ($3.90 a gallon) and several hours to make the drive, but I hadn't bought the detector so that I could return it and wait for the shipping process to maybe eventually a week or two later have another one arrive. The good news is that I did finally after this at least have a machine in hand that actually worked.

The next issue came a couple of weeks later upon discovery that the "free" Bullseye II pinpointer had a defective switch. Upon calling Kellyco I was told that Whites would normally handle the repair under warranty, but that I would need to pay shipping to return it to them. The lady who was very polite then asked me to wait while she checked something out and upon her return to the line she said I could ship it to Kellyco instead. At least I wasn't having to pay to ship it to Oregon, but I still ended up returning this for exchange at my own expense within 2 weeks of it's original purchase.

I sincerely hope my situation was/is a fluke, but have to admit I am not sure about making any further purchases from them on the basis of my experience thus far. I will say this for Whites, in having written them to explain my situation, they recently sent me a couple of books about the DFX. I sure appreciate the gesture even though I had already purchased the same books myself. I will continue to buy White's products, but as I said I am not to eager or confident about dealing with Kellyco anymore.

Mike

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
i was thinking of kellyco about my presents but its a long way to come to change them!

PMike

Jul 8, 2008
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300 Whites Surf Pro PI
Hi back atcha Margaret,

I replied to your PM and wanted to acknowledge my appreciation for your thoughts and sentiments. I was/am hoping my negative experience was just a fluke and perhaps I was dealing with some new or inexperienced folks that didn't know or understand the situation or policies???

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread