Oct 19, 2007
born in 3 sisters, tx. now living west of tilden
Detector(s) used
X-Terra70, X-Terra 50, Ace250, Ace150, GTI 1500,GTA 1000 Ultra, Tejon, Vaquero
Billy Boy's:

Permission to Detect Form

I hereby give permission to ________________________ to metal detect the
Metal Detector’s Name

property located at _____________________________________________.
Property Address

The Detectorist will follow the below listed Code of Ethics:

I WILL NOT litter, always pack out what I take in and remove all trash found.

I WILL leave all gates and other accesses to land as found.

I WILL NOT damage natural resources, wildlife habitats, or any private property.

I WILL use thoughtfulness, consideration and courtesy at all times.

I WILL always check federal, state, county and local laws before searching. It is my responsibility to “ Know the Law “.

I WILL respect private property and will not enter private property without the owner’s permission. Where possible, such permission will be in writing.

I WILL take care to refill all holes and not leave any damage.

_______________________________ ____________________________
Property Owner Dates Effective

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
X-terra, you're only using this for situations where the property owner asked for such a thing, right? Ie.: not going up to perfect stranger's houses with something for them to sign?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have asked for written permission several times and always get told no way. Verbal is all I ever get.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Thanks for the permission slip! Was going to ask permission today for a site. I got the directions and everything. When I drove by there the house on its original property but the lawn was very very very small. I don't even think I could of gotten my metal detector on it. lol

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the written thing a few years ago...didn't work out.. Folks seem to think they were signing their right away

OP
OP
X-Terra70_TreasureHunter
Oct 19, 2007
born in 3 sisters, tx. now living west of tilden
Detector(s) used
X-Terra70, X-Terra 50, Ace250, Ace150, GTI 1500,GTA 1000 Ultra, Tejon, Vaquero
Rewrite it to fit your situation guys, Billyboy here on Tnet sent it to me when i started
out metal detecting a yr ago. And if folks only want to give a verbal thats Ok too.
One thing ive had great success w/ is a Bussiness card since it looks more professional.

Dave

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried a written permission form a long time ago. As stated above, I think people feel they're signing away their lives. Always got shut down with them.

The only thing that seemed to work was one of those generic release of liability forms from the stationary store. The couple of times I got the "We're afraid you'll get hurt" excuse I'd tell them I can give you a release of liability and they gave me permission. Don't know if they are legal & binding, but the couple times I used them they got me permission I probably wouldn't have gotten.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread