Do you think that ....???????

EARTHLING

Aug 17, 2008
DALLAS TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SHADOW x5.... GOLDTRAX... D.P. WADER.... NAUTILUS DMC II B
People use DIGITAL SCREEN detectors because they are lazy and dont trust there skills or what????????????????? I personally have never liked them because I started getting away from listening to tones and relying on screens to tell me things and ended up missing out on finds.....

I OWN a.... GPX 4500.... TROY SHADOW X5... NAUTILUS DMC II Ba..... and a GOLDSCAN 5C and i find more stuff going right in behind someone with my TROY X5 alone than even a Explorer SE PRO finds and they get PISSED when they see this..... I have even used my NAUTILUS DMC II Ba for prospecting and had a lot of good finds

OP
OP
EARTHLING

EARTHLING

Aug 17, 2008
DALLAS TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SHADOW x5.... GOLDTRAX... D.P. WADER.... NAUTILUS DMC II B
Just letting out some FUN steam..... I want to see what people think of their detecting skills and detectors

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
a meter used in conjunction with ID tones is a great asset! Some have better hearing than others and some don't have a great ear for tones.But the tone is used first then a reading from a meter will play a secondary role in the decision to dig or not.It has nothing to do with being lazy.If that were the case those who use meters (according to you)would be to lazy to dig their finds out of a plug. ;D

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
When I hunt for relics, I dig every signal. When I hunt parks, schools, fair grounds, etc., I use the numbers on my digital screen. I have owned the Troy X5 and it does not have the depth my Fisher F70 has. I use the numbers so I won't ruin the grassy areas needlessly. Lazy, I don't think so, just smarter.....

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I try to work mostly by tones on my XLT, keeping an ear open for a good solid sound, but if I'm in doubt I check to see if the screen is showing a bad "smear." Plus, I like to check it before I dig to see how accurate it was after I recover my target. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions