Morgan Silver dollar commercial......seen it???

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be able to buy them for just about $1-2 over their silver value. You can find them online for $15-20 with shipping included.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
It seems ok. But i would rather go to local coin shows and pick up coins instead of buying the ones off of the TV. Much better to get the ones at coin shows because you can actually look and see if you want them.

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
Just won an 1889 O on Ebay for $13.25 (shipping included). Not numi grade, but silver just the same.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bassfish said:
Just won an 1889 O on Ebay for $13.25 (shipping included). Not numi grade, but silver just the same.

Yup, paying attention can get you some great deals! I just did a quick search of the cheapest buy it nows on the site.

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't buy coins off of TV,either get them from a local dealer,on auction or at a coin show. The absolute worst place to buy is off a tv shopping network...Kane 23

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is likely you will get a low grade one in fine condition. Order 10 you may get a BU one. These things are not usually that good. Coin shop is your best bet, no shipping.... However a coin shop may charge more for a BU one.

Keep @ it and HH!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There are a lot of fake Morgans being passed. Be sure to check to see if its metallic (it shouldn't be) and weighs exactly what a silver dollar should weigh.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of fake Morgans being passed. Be sure to check to see if its metallic (it shouldn't be) and weighs exactly what a silver dollar should weigh.
The information you provide is valid (except the "metallic" part, it should be "magnetic" as all coins are metallic), however... He won the coin in 2008. This thread is almost 6 years old! The last time I saw this commercial they were $29.90 each plus shipping & handling. Today they want $39.00 each. Here is the company that had the commercials- One Morgan Silver Dollar | National Collector's Mint

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I remember that commercial. Many of same ads are now in current magazines.
However, I wouldn't buy any coin I can't hold, as others have stated.
My local coin dealer has beautifully packaged CC Morgans that he readily tells me not to purchase, even though I have zero CCs. Most are bulk buys buy secondary companies and are genuine but of mass production.
Good luck
Peace

S

stefen

Ads like these can be found in many newspapers and magazines, are marketed to those having no experience in numanistics...

Trust me when I say each and every coin will be sold regardless of the degree of over-pricing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions