OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Highly unlikely to happen, I don't understand what kind of person could even think that way. There are thousands of small museums around the country though that display items mislabeled as artifacts because they have nobody who really knows about what they have. Not all anthro departments have archaeologists either, two fields that can be similar but are different. What university are you referring to? Why did you smell BS? The rock you posted is a natural rock that has not been worked by man in any way. And that is no BS!! There are members here who have as much or more experience with NA artifacts than many people in museums or universities, and some like myself who actually did major in anthro at a big university. Abrasive posts like yours above will curry no favor with anyone.

Then why is one side smooth, and I mean smooth as silk, like it has been routinely handled by hands. And the other side is rigged, angled, and etched? Not to mention the orange pigmentation?

No offense, but that's a valid argument, no?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you test it with a magnet? You are letting your imagination run away again, it is simply a weathered rock.

JKicker

Jul 10, 2017
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Minelab X Terra 705
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then why is one side smooth, and I mean smooth as silk, like it has been routinely handled by hands. And the other side is rigged, angled, and etched? Not to mention the orange pigmentation?

smooth as silk, occurs in nature all the time
oxidized iron turning orange, occurs in nature all the time
angled?
etched?

you just want to argue with people until they agree with you. Sell that million dollar effigy that so unique that only you see it.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you test it with a magnet? You are letting your imagination run away again, it is simply a weathered rock.

Oh, is that a meteorite reference there? I got one of them ready for the meteorite forum don't you worry.... :laughing7:

Imagination. Imagination is a trait our ancestors relied on but heavily :occasion14:.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
angled?
etched?

you just want to argue with people until they agree with you. Sell that million dollar effigy that so unique that only you see it.

No No No.

I could care less if you agree with me (honestly)

I find things that I can't explain. And look to others (who are more educated then me) to explain them.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, not a valid argument. Many other natural reasons for stones to be perfectly smooth and if a rock is hard like granite you could handle it many times every day for a thousand years and you would not wear it smooth. Rocks are hard, skin is soft, easy peasey. Nothing wrong with having a vivid imagination, but having one does not make plain old rocks into artifacts.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
angled?
etched?

Smooth as silk on one side, yet apparently sculpted and etched on the other? Not trying to be facetious, but does that happen a lot?

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No, not a valid argument. Many other natural reasons for stones to be perfectly smooth and if a rock is hard like granite you could handle it many times every day for a thousand years and you would not wear it smooth. Rocks are hard, skin is soft, easy peasey. Nothing wrong with having a vivid imagination, but having one does not make plain old rocks into artifacts.

Not trying to make you mad, but the stone is far from "perfectly smooth".

Treasure Hunter please don't ban me for trolling: I'm not!

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

If someone were to handle that piece from the bottom, while constantly carving away at the top, over time it would create a wear-pattern on the bottom, no?

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I look, I look at a lot of rocks guys. I'm out fishing Rivers literally every day of the week. I only pick up rocks that stick out.

OP
OP
Indiana_acklac

Indiana_acklac

Feb 29, 2020
Central Ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Question: Why wear patterns like this on the sides, but nowhere else? Doesn't that look suspicious?

6NDob3F.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look, I look at a lot of rocks guys. I'm out fishing Rivers literally every day of the week. I only pick up rocks that stick out.
If you keep picking up rocks like this then constantly argue with members who have decades of experience you will never learn.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread