Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Aug 2005
    gemini 3, TM 808

PMR, a reliable detector/locator???

Can a PMR detects a treasure coated with black tar or a treasure embedded in rock and buried 12 feet and below
    malabode

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5138 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: PMR, a reliable detector/locator???

IF a PMR has? " A N Y T H I N G " to DO with LRL's,
    OR ELECTRONIC DOWSING,
    This Subject Is OFF LIMITS !

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?JEFF

May 2003
    USA
    4 times

Wow, is that right? Is there a place on Tnet that it can be discussed?
    Boattow

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5138 times

NOPE

Discussions Quickly Get Heated & turn Into ARGIUMENTS, Name Calling & THREATS.

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon
    V3i, MX9, TDX, GMT, Custom Designs
    45 times

The "PMR" Kaloy mentions, is likely the "Precision Master Rod" by Carl Anderson. It is a non-electronic dowsing rod. No, it cannot detect a treasure coated with black tar, or a treasure embedded in rock and buried 12 feet and below, or any treasure at all. It detects gravity, and that is all. (Yes, I own one.)

"Is there a place on Tnet that [LRLs] can be discussed?"

Try the Geotech Remote Sensing forum. It will be kept clean and cordial, no JBlack-type rants, no name-calling.

- Carl

Jun 2005

Hi Kaloy,

I assume you are from the philippines. Dont know what pmr stands for, but technically, detection depth is relative to target composition , size and composition of the ground it is burried in. This is true with all metal detectors with vlf(very low freq) and pi(pulse induction) circuitry. Most will not work well in highly mineralized ground such as black sand. Even the big two-box detectors will not be able to detect a drum size object at 12ft in ideal soil conditions. Given that your target is within electronic range, the tar coating(as in asphalt?) wont be a problem since i believe it wound absorve the transmitted pulse and allow the contents of the box reflect it as long as it is metallic (ferrous/nonferrous) in nature. the rock wont be a problem as long as the target is within range. The parameters for ground penetrating radar would more or less be the same except for composition of target and soil conditions. Given ideal conditions(it hates wet soiland salt water) GPR should be able detect(reflect) a drum size object at 5-20 ft with a low frequency antenna if space in area allows. Unfortunately it is not a treasure hunter's magic pill. It will detect(reflect) all objects including rocks, bedrock, steel and pvc pipes, soil anomalies etc and will take a skilled operator to interpret the images. HH

God bless,
    tagasilay

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5138 times

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC
    The "PMR" Kaloy mentions, is likely the "Precision Master Rod" by Carl Anderson. It is a non-electronic dowsing rod. No, it cannot detect a treasure coated with black tar, or a treasure embedded in rock and buried 12 feet and below, or any treasure at all. It detects gravity, and that is all. (Yes, I own one.)

"Is there a place on Tnet that [LRLs] can be discussed?"

Try the Geotech Remote Sensing forum. It will be kept clean and cordial, no JBlack-type rants, no name-calling.

- Carl
    Thanks CARL

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors