My new Arc Geo logger will be here tomorrow!!!!

OP
OP
golddredgergold

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
DFX, Gold Master 2, Surfmaster PI, TF900, Falcon MD20, Arc Geo Logger
I got the standard Arc Geo. The pro requires an outside software that is a bit pricy for me. The mini looks great but I wanted to log more than one grid at a time. I got my Logger today and the 2 box will be in later this week from Discovery. I am going to do some loggoing with my DFX in the meantime to get familiar with the new toy. :wav: :wav: :wav:
wav

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Congrat. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Post here the new result when you use it on the field. What kind MD you going to attach it? two box?
Garrett?

Amona?

OP
OP
golddredgergold

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
I am using the 2 box Discovery TF 900 with it. I will be plotting tomorrow and will let you folks know how it goes. So far my test plots are showing excellent sensitivity. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
golddredgergold

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
First trip out went well but the area we hit has many trees and was very steep. You could hardly walk with no gear let alone a detector or logger and 2 box. I will be out tomorrow again and this spot has a gentle slope with minimal trees so I will post some pics of my gear and let you guys know how it goes. I had not been to the location prior to that or I would have passed. I do know the area for tomorrow so I can make a nice plot and see some results. The small plot I got in on the hill resulted in a small screwdriver from about 3 ft down. not bad but I want to see some gold! I also want to point out that the screwdriver did not hit on my DFX nor did it hit on the 2 box as a stand alone unit. No tone was heard at all. But hooked up to the logger it showed up as a very nice target. So far I am very pleased with the results of the Logger.

OP
OP
golddredgergold

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Full report coming shortly!

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
I die to know what it was your report. I believe in the Arc geo because it was designed for a Christian. :wave:

Amona

OP
OP
golddredgergold

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
SWR said:
pictures are nice :)

what are the chances of finding a screwdriver buried three deep out in the boonies :thumbsup:

Slim to none! I was very excited when we saw it on the computer. It showed up right on the edge of the 2 ft wide quartz vein. I just knew it had to be a nugget or a nice stringer of gold in quartz. But when we got down there at 3 ft after picks and shovels we hit it with a DFX in prospect mode and got a nice hit. Lightly dug around with a pinpointer and popped out a small screwdriver. I plotted the area again and the target was gone. No more hot spots in the area. I was disapointed with the find but at the same time I was very pleased with my new equipment knowing if the gold was there I am gonna find it. That is awesome. Like I say the 2 box alone over the driver did not give a tone and none of the other detectors we had would either including minelab. But the 2 box TF900 and the Logger punched right through that ground and hit that bugger. :tongue3:

More to come tomorrow.

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
The 2-box from what I have heard was designed to prospect for near-surface gold veins. So with a little research you may see a nice streak in one of your plots!

Tim :thumbsup:

OP
OP
golddredgergold

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
SWR said:
If they are finding screwdrivers three foot down, there are obviously some overburden issues. :-\

Yes there is. The quartz pops out along the vein in spots. well over 600ft long. It has been dug in spots along side the vein with a backhoe over the years but we are the first to hit it with any sort of electronics. At some point that screwdriver was left behind and buried by the tractor. We where planning to cover the entire area though due to the fact that over 5000 pounds of gold came from the claim from 1890-1930. And yes I said pounds It is a very famous mine that produced huge nuggets including the famous Dogtown nugget that was 54 pounds alone. Ok I am off to going make some plots and hopefully scope some gold or silver. Catch you guys later on.

M

Mike(Mont)

I've used PI and didn't get any better results. That's just outstanding. Tim (LRLMAN) will be at the Texas Treasure show in Longview TX Mar 21-22.

OP
OP
golddredgergold

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
I am working on it. Weather is holding good for the next week so I will be hitting it with numerous test and plots. I will post up the info for you soon as I have it ready. It is very exciting. Going to dig a very promising hit we got last week. Loading up the qauds and hitting the trail to go so whats buried here shortly. Wish us luck :thumbsup:

OP
OP
golddredgergold

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
The mini logger and the regular logger do come with software called ArcheoSurveyor LT which you can download and play with now from Tim's site. The pro model does need some more software and it is a bit pricy. I wanted the pro but once Tim let me know on the pro you need to buy more software I opted for the regular logger. I then just bought a hand held GPS to mark out my plot locations.

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
You have to import from the SD card on the Pro. The software I have downloads the plot directly from the logger. The person that wrote the software does not want to change it for import. Plus the pro has GPS Lat, log info. Rockworks would work fine.

OK I just heard from golddredgergold and I just fell out my chair when he told me, he was finding gold nuggets with a 2-box! I asked him to post the plots and photos here. Wow!

Tim

OP
OP
golddredgergold

golddredgergold

Dec 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ok guys I have been pounding the ground almost daily and I have some great stuff that I just need to compile and post up for you guys. Look for it in the next few days. I can say now my Arc Geo is working out very well. I am sure pleased with it. I would also say your learning curve will not be the Arc Geo logger but learning the 2 box and getting it set to the ground you are searching. If you get it right and smooth on the ground balance you will be blown away. The adjustments are so micro it takes a smooth hand to get the TF900 2 box dialed in correctly. My last set of plots where done in the desert of Nevada and the ground was hot. Took me awhile to sort the 2 box out with the ground I say awhile it was no more then 10 minutes but compared to the California dirt which I can set in seconds. Anywho I will post up some killer stuff shortly.

supafly136

May 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i know this is old, but were the plots ever posted?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread