golden king metal detector

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
You can go to the Kellyco web site and read all about it. I think I'm going to put some money together with my partners and buy this unit it is expensive, but to know if some thing is buried before you start digging can save alot of work and time.

Minetres

OP
OP
J

jesus

May 9, 2009
Thanks minetres, I have readed kellyco and anothers places , they are the sellers, I would want ear somebody who knows electronics.The GPR I have seen are not like golden king, they use another kind of coils etc. I think golden king is only a VLF detector with a good software and imagining technique and if I am wright then it is very expensive, because another devices like arc geo logger from tim williams can make the job at razonable price, but we are open to ear somebody know about this.Thanks.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Why didn't you guys just ask me about it? I own one! Lol.......

The truth is that it cannot pick up a gold bracelet at 10 Meters depth! I dont think any system in the world can do that.....

It is indeed a vlf detector with 3-D real time imaging software. The term DPR or Deep Processor Radar is also misleading.....

Of course when I bought it I already knew all of that because I had been talking to one of the so called "kellyco experts" and he told me that they just used that term so that one can get a better Idea of "what it can do"????

Anyways, I do believe it is overpriced. The camera and gas sensor I think are handy if you live in places like Mexico were there is a lot of treasure at the bottom of lakes or in deep caves that may have deadly gas in them.....

So it is simply a VLF Induction Balance metal detector that works on 12.(something) Khz with 3-D real time imaging software, running on a Linux computer operating system rigged with a gas sensor and night vision sony camera outputs....

All in all I like this machine but I don't like the weight and I think that if the treasure is VERY deep and the metal is not HIGHLY CONDUCIVE, you will miss targets.... This is not a dream machine but it is a good one with no REAL breakthrough in technology. If you are going to spend that much money minetres, I think you should look around first and research before you buy. It is a very good machine but I fear there may be something cheaper out ther that can go deeper but only drawback is that it won't be a VLF and therefore it wont discriminate the junk and you also wont have the imaging that can tell you whats in the ground...... It is not 100% accurate all the time in its ability to seperate metals but almost 100% of time, so it is reliable.

Also don't like the price and the misleading advertisments. That is my personal unbiased opinion....

P.S About my hunt, I will post again in due time if I decide to.

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Aioria,

Thanks for the information I did not know all this about the detector.

Minetres

OP
OP
J

jesus

May 9, 2009
Thanks for information about golden king detector.It is very important know by mean somebody has used the device, it is a real information the only way to probe something is with outdoor use and always this information will be more rich than vendors. Thanks All.

Jdubya

May 19, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Golden King metal detector

Minetres and Jesus, give me a call at 800-898-6673 and maybe I can give a little better explanation on how the Golden King works.

JW
Kellyco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread