Exp 4000,5000 from OkM GmbH

T or C

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2003
I have not used any of them but have spoken to two people that have seen a demo. Both were impressed but I remain on the sidelines. I have seen a lot of hype on such units and have not seen proof of what the screen shows by digging. So, more information seems to be needed and sellers are not cooperative by giving out buyers names so you can check them out. All the best... Jim

Golden Raider

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2006
i dont know much about them but my observations by looking at the website is this. they show all these great finds they show what these great finds look like on the the screen with all the colors and such. notice the only finds they show the color screen for are the FERROUS targets. now yes they do show great pics of the coins they found but notice they DO NOT show the color screens of these coins? could it be possible that these are fancy magnatometers and the coins just happen to be where they were digging on coincidence?

Colorado

Greenie
Feb 2, 2004
Hello,
I have used the OKM future series Walkabout and the Exp 4000
they both work, that walkabout isn't no where near as good as the Exp 4000.
I have tested the Exp in black lava material known as Bassalt.
The Exp 4000 was able to show the target ( a gold target 2'X3' in base shape )
at a 35' depth. The depth feature on it is fairly accurate some of the time.
I already knew the depth of the target and shape before employing the
Exp 4000. It's an EMF Imager and in my opinion better for treasure hunting than a true GPR.
You just have to learn what it can and can not do then you wont be disappointed.
Accurate locator's sell EMF Imagers also that are cheaper but I don't like the lap top hanging around my neck while trying to survey rough terrain.
I have a test bed where I have tested the Walkabout extensively and it works but it takes a number of scans to get a couple of good ones.
Keep in mind I do not use either unit to find anything I only employ it on targets that I have already located.
The Exp belongs to a friend of mine and he seems to be happy with it.
Hope that helps. Kelly Brown

goldcarl

Greenie
Jul 29, 2007
mindanao
here in philippines july 2007 anyone have 4000 or 5000 model I have the sites and would like to team up with you and your equipment many thanks

Feb 6, 2008
Colorado said:
The Exp belongs to a friend of mine and he seems to be happy with it.

Hi colorado, can you give me contact details of your friend who is using the eXp 4000? I need to have one, but search for some advice before I buy it. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread